Luscious and irresistibly delicious Rose Lemon Baked Donuts with cardamom, pistachios, and rich creamy glaze. They’re more than just baked donuts – they are like mini cakes! Grab a cup of tea and enjoy a donut (or five)!
Hello everyone! I hope you’re doing well. Wait. Is it September 14?! How come? It seems like we were saying the same about September 1. With the time flying so fast, we as food bloggers should start thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas recipes, right? Well if you live in Canada, there’s only one month left till Thanksgiving!
Anyway, I’ve got two things to share with you. First, I will be finally back to the office next week (Yup, it took a little while for my office.) I am super excited! I think I will need to be introduced and remember my colleagues’ names once again. :) However, it is going to be a rotating schedule on a weekly basis for now, and I don’t mind this at all!
The second announcement is that I am about to join you guys with all the apple and pumpkin recipes. I know most of you have already shared some outstanding recipes, but I always prefer to start posting my first autumn recipes at least in the mid of September. Savouring the last summer days, you know! In fact, I have many summer recipes, but I decided to keep them until 2021. That being said, I am sharing two last truly summer recipes, including these Rose Lemon Baked Donuts.
What’s next? A lot of awesome stuff! Besides a few “transitional” recipes with figs and wild mushrooms, that’s all about sweet potatoes, apples, and pumpkins. That’s indeed an array of recipes from bruschettas to pasta and from fruit leather to cookies. Gosh, there’s even ice cream for you! Stay tuned.
I made these Rose Lemon Baked Donuts a long time ago, but I decided to squeeze some other summer recipes first, but I hope you didn’t mind waiting.
My friends, these donuts are splendid!
- I was inspired by Persian desserts that commonly use rose water, pistachios, and cardamom;
- The dominant flavours are lemon and cardamom with delectable botanical and milky undertones;
- Chopped salted pistachios for a crunch and to settle down the sweetness and richness a lit bit;
- They’re super moist as I used a cake soak – it’s like a tres leches cake just with rose syrup;
- You will need this Rose Syrup, but of course, you can use just a little water (simple sugar syrup if you desire a sweeter version) with a few drops of rose water.
As you can imagine, these Rose Lemon Baked Donuts are bursting with flavour; they are also rich and moist. That’s a nice way to bid farewell to last summer days. I hope you like them too!
If you like moist kind of donuts, you will like these Tres Leches Baked Donuts too.
Cheers for now.