A slightly chewy exterior and soft and flaky interior, moderately sweet, and with an amazing caramel flavour – these Dulce de Leche Cookies will not disappoint you.
This post was originally published in March 2015. I uploaded new photos, but the recipe and blogpost remain the same.
Dulce de Leche Cookies
– Hi there! My name is Ben…
– Hi, Ben!
– …and I’ve got to confess. I am…no, no I am not addicted to alcohol, though.
Indeed, my flaw is quite an issue for a blogger. I am a bad blogger :) I am not talking about the content, its quality and amount since it’s difficult to evaluate yourself. So you should be my strict critics. I think I am doing quite okay for a beginner though.
My issue is me being behind the schedule. Having been reading some blogger’s posts, I found out most of the responsible authors post their recipes and pictures within a few days after making a dish. That sounds absolutely reasonable due to the following reasons:
- If you post some seasonal recipes, they should be actual. That is ludicrous to publish a Christmas cake in May. That could be providing the readers with ideas in advance, however.
- After a few days or weeks, you start to forget some essential details. Sure, you can write them down but there is no guarantee you will be able to find or apply this info later on.
- You can use some props, usually the natural props, which won’t be really fitting in the context a few months later. The good example is your Christmas tree in the background of a picture being posted in summer.
- The last reason is the most essential to me, I guess. Being a blogger and food photographer, you always evaluate the work you’ve done. This is some kind of an ongoing process. As the result, if you hesitate to post some pictures, few months later a lot of new photographs will accumulate in your archive. There is a great chance they would be much better than the previous snaps, right? Now you are hesitating to publish them since they don’t deserve to be published (that’s again about understanding your standards). Or you are kind of hoping to repeat this recipe and take the better pictures.
That will never happen perhaps.
So guys, it’s essential not to get your work accumulated for a long period of time.
Does that sound weird from the guilty guy?
I’ve got to confess – I have tons of unpublished (but ready to be published) photos; a lot of them were taken in October – November :) And since I’ve got a lot of good stuff this year, and I am continuing to work on it now, some of the recipes will probably never get published.
But I will try :)
For instance, I loved this Dulce de Leche Cookies so much what that would be a crime not to publish them.
They are so delicious and so
Try to guess when did I bake them? :)
Or better don’t guess and just give them a try.
Believe me, they deserved that!
Hi – I’m Ben, a blogger, recipe developer, and food photographer. I’m glad you’re here! I hope you will enjoy hundreds of delicious recipes and a pinch of havoc in the kitchen.