If you are looking for holiday-inspired shortbread, please look no longer. These delicate and delicious Cranberry Rosemary Shortbread Cookies are perfect for the holiday season!Jump to Recipe
Hello everyone. Happy Monday (aka 10 days until the holidays!) Where did the time go, may I kindly ask you? So many recipes to share with you, and not that much time left. So without further ado, let’s enjoy some new recipes I will be sharing this week.
But first, if you missed my previous post White Chocolate Cocktail, I encourage you to check it out. First, the cocktail itself is luscious and festive. Secondly, you will see few picture with snow we had last week. Lots of snow. Lastly, you will see Daisy and Darry enjoying (or not so much) the snow. You see – so many reasons to check it out.
Cranberry Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
Now, let’s talk about these Cranberry Rosemary Shortbread Cookies. Believe it or not, that’s the first cookie recipe I am sharing this season. I’ve been focused on sharing savoury dishes (and cocktails) previous weeks. But for the remaining time, I am going to have some cookies and luscious desserts. You don’t mind, right?
Normally, I am not into decorating my Christmas cookies. But when I saw few ideas for cookie wreaths on the Internet, I could not resist! They look super festive and elegant. Basically, you will only need white chocolate and some sugared cranberries and sugared rosemary (optional).
These cookies are not overly sweet and the sweetness mostly comes from the white chocolate and dried cranberries. If you feel you prefer more sweetness from the dough, just add a little of icing sugar more (If that’s the case, reduce the amount of corn starch, proportionally.) And the flavour profile? Delectable! Rich buttery shortbread, cranberries, white chocolate, and a hint of rosemary – everyone (And Santa) will approve!
I hope you enjoy these cookies, and you will try them. If you make it, let me know in this post or send me an Instagram message or share you photos adding the hashtag #havocinthekitchen.
Cranberry Rosemary Shortbread CookiesCourse: Dessert
If you are looking for holiday-inspired shortbread, please look no longer. These delicate and delicious Cranberry Rosemary Shortbread Cookies are perfect for the holiday season!
1 and 1/3 cup cake or all-purpose flour (160 gr.)
2 tbsp. corn starch
2 tbsp. icing sugar
2/3 cup butter (155 gr.) – softened, room temperature
1/2 to 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 to 2/3 tsp. minced rosemary
1/3 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
100-120 gr. white chocolate
sugared cranberries and rosemary, for garnish
- In a bowl, using a mixer, cream the butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract, and salt on medium speed, 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and corn starch and mix with a spoon or spatula until the mixture starts to remain dough.
- Stir in the cranberries and rosemary, until just incorporated (Don’t overmix.) Chill the dough for 15 minutes while preheating the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (~175 degrees C).
- Roll the dough out with a rolling-pin. Cut cookies using round cookie cutters. Place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for about 8-12 minutes (depending on size) or until edges are lightly golden. Remove from oven and completely cool.
- Melt the white chocolate and decorate the cookies. Use sugared cranberries and rosemary to make them look like wreaths. Let the cookies set for about an hour. Enjoy!
Hi – I’m Ben, a blogger, recipe developer, and food photographer. I’m glad you’re here! I hope you will enjoy hundreds of delicious recipes and a pinch of havoc in the kitchen.