Hi, lovely people!
Please be seated. Watch your heart rate. Be advised this it’s going to be something dangerous. Dangerously delicious. And fabulous. FA-BU-LO-US. So are you ready to welcome these Baileys Cake Donuts? With white chocolate!
Few weeks ago I happened to have my Birthday. Nothing special – everyone has it once in a while, right? But sure I was going to indulge myself with some really good stuff.
So, I took a day off on Friday to have a long weekend. Smart, isn’t it? That allowed me to bake my personal Birthday cake (Even though Andrey is a good cook too, there are certain things you have to handle yourself, and your Birthday cake is such a thing.)
Sure I am going to share the recipe later on. I’d love to keep you intrigued so I am not going to reveal any specific details. I can only say I might (or might not) have made two cakes. Also, I might (or might not) have incorporated Baileys in this (these) cake (cakes). Enough said I guess.
Somehow I got a whole bottle of Baileys, thus, I decided to make Baileys Cake Donuts because why the hell not.
I can say these Baileys Cake Donuts are to die for. They are the most scrumptious cake donuts I have ever baked. Please note that I have just put these Lavender Donuts in second place. Me! Lavender! That has to mean a lot.
As I said earlier, these Baileys Cake Donuts are just FA-BU-LO-US! Moist and spongy, covered with the irresistibly scrumptious glaze. I might (or might not) have eaten 4 donuts at once. I mean, try them, and you’ll understand me.
I added quite a generous amount of Baileys to the powdered sugar, and as a result, I had the glaze with that fantastic distinctive flavor I anticipated to get. Breathtaking, seriously. I happened to have Salted Caramel Baileys, but sure you can grab and use whichever you like. I have a better solution indeed. You can make these donuts with the various flavors. Could you imagine this picture: Baileys glazed donuts, Chocolate Baileys glazed donuts, Mint Baileys glazed donuts, Hazelnut Baileys glazed donuts, and Caramel Baileys glazed donuts. How does it sound now, eh?
Okay, I cannot take it anymore – I have started to crave for these yumalicious bad guys.
I hope so have you! If so, do not postpone – grab Baileys and make some these awesome donuts!
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons golden sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted + some additional buter (or cooking oil spray) to grease
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Baileys of your taste
- 1 - 1,5 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons shredded white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees F (215 degrees C).
- Butter holes of donut tins and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together first five ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, using a whisk, blend together the melted butter, sugar, oil, vanilla extract, for one minute. Add the milk. Stir the wet mixture in the dry ingredients and mix just to combine (don't overmix!).
- Spoon butter into donut wells, filling them about 1/4 inch from the rim. Bake in the preheated oven 7-8 minutes.
- Let the donuts cool in the tin for a couple of minutes then transfer them to a wire rack and completely cool.
- In a small bowl combine the Baileys and 1 cup of powdered sugar gradually adding more sugar as needed to get the desired consistency. Whisk until smooth and nice and glaze the donuts. Sprinkle with the white chocolate.