Soft, airy, boozy, and irresistibly delicious Irish Cream Cake Donuts.
Irish Cream Cake Donuts
This post was originally published in May 2016. I have uploaded new photos while the recipe and text remain the same.
Hi, lovely people!
Please be seated. Watch your heart rate. Be advised this it’s going to be something dangerous. Dangerously delicious. And fabulous. FA-BU-LO-US. So are you ready to welcome these Irish Cream Cake Donuts? With white chocolate!
A few weeks ago I happened to have my Birthday. Nothing special – everyone has it once in a while, right? But sure I was going to indulge myself with some really good stuff.
So, I took a day off on Friday to have a long weekend. Smart, isn’t it? That allowed me to bake my personal Birthday cake (Even though Andrey is a good cook too, there are certain things you have to handle yourself, and your Birthday cake is such thing.)
Sure I am going to share the recipe later on. I’d love to keep you intrigued so I am not going to reveal any specific details. I can only say I might (or might not) have made two cakes. Also, I might (or might not) have incorporated Baileys in this (these) cake (cakes). Enough said I guess.
Somehow I got a whole bottle of Baileys, thus, I decided to make Irish Cream Cake Donuts because why the hell not.
I can say these Baileys Cake Donuts are to die for. They are the most scrumptious cake donuts I have ever baked. Please note that I have just put these Lavender Donuts in second place. Me! Lavender! That has to mean a lot.
As I said earlier, these Irish Cream Cake Donuts are just FA-BU-LO-US! Moist and spongy, covered with the irresistibly scrumptious glaze. I might (or might not) have eaten 4 donuts at once. I mean, try them, and you’ll understand me.
I added quite a generous amount of Baileys to the powdered sugar, and as a result, I had the glaze with that fantastic distinctive flavor I anticipated to get. Breathtaking, seriously. I happened to have Salted Caramel Baileys, but sure you can grab and use whichever you like. I have a better solution indeed. You can make these donuts with the various flavors. Could you imagine this picture: Irish Cream Cake Donuts, Chocolate Baileys glazed donuts, Mint Baileys glazed donuts, Hazelnut Baileys glazed donuts, and Caramel Baileys glazed donuts. How does it sound now, eh?
Okay, I cannot take it anymore – I have started to crave for these yumalicious bad guys.
I hope so have you! If so, do not postpone – grab Baileys and make some these awesome donuts!
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons golden sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted + some additional buter (or cooking oil spray) to grease
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Baileys of your taste
- 1 - 1,5 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons shredded white chocolate, optional
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees F (215 degrees C).
- Butter holes of donut tins and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together first five ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, using a whisk, blend together the melted butter, sugar, oil, vanilla extract, for one minute. Add the milk. Stir the wet mixture in the dry ingredients and mix just to combine (don't overmix!).
- Spoon butter into donut wells, filling them about 1/4 inch from the rim. Bake in the preheated oven 7-8 minutes.
- Let the donuts cool in the tin for a couple of minutes then transfer them to a wire rack and completely cool.
- In a small bowl combine the Baileys and 1 cup of powdered sugar gradually adding more sugar as needed to get the desired consistency. Whisk until smooth and nice and glaze the donuts. Sprinkle with the white chocolate.