This flavourful and tasty Smoked Salmon Dip is incredibly easy to make. And you will need only a few ingredients to enjoy it.Jump to Recipe
Hello everyone. I hope you are doing well. So am I – thanks for asking! As I promised in my previous post (Check it out too – well because it’s Dulce De leche Cream Liquor!), I am trying to get back on track with my regular blogging schedule. But as I am also super-duper busy these days, I am going to keep it short and sweet. Besides, who need chatting when something utterly delicious is involved?
Smoked Salmon Dip
And yes, this Smoked Salmon Dip is delicious. I won’t lie. And it’s also made with only a few ingredients, with most of them being aromatics. So you will need for this dip:
– Cream cheese. You can opt for either regular or low fat cheese. That doesn’t really matter.
– Sour cream or plain yogurt. That’s optional. It cuts down the richness and saltiness and add a pleasant tang. But it also makes the dip thinner, so you can skip it
– Smoked salmon. Obviously. I used cold-smoked salmon, but hot-smoked salmon would be delicious, too (Quite different in terms of the flavour and texture though.
– Lemon juice and zest – for freshness.
– Fresh thyme. It’s perfect with smoked salmon. If you are looking for the substitution, dill would be my next choice.
– Pink peppercorns. Their subtly fresh and refreshing taste work amazingly in this recipe.
– Smoked paprika and chipotle powder. Optional but they add a bit extra smoky and spicy kick.
But the best part is that you will need under 10 minutes to make it. No chilling time is required, but as always keep the leftovers refrigerated.
I hope you like this Smoked Salmon Dip, and I hope you give it a try. If you make it, let me know in this post or send me an Instagram message or share you photos adding the hashtag #havocinthekitchen. You can find more dip ideas here.
Smoked Salmon DipCourse: AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
This flavourful and tasty Smoked Salmon Dip is incredibly easy to make. And you will need only a few ingredients to enjoy it.
1 cup plain cream cheese (I used Philadelphia, but any other would work)
1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt (optional)
about 200 gr. cold-smoked salmon
1 tbsp. lemon juice or more to taste
1 tbsp. lemon zest, grated
1 tbsp. fresh thyme
1/2 tbsp. pink peppercorns, crushed
a small pinch of smoked paprika and chipotle powder, each (optional)
salt (optional) – I did not use
- Reserve some of the lemon zest, thyme, and pink peppercorns for garnish.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, starting with 1 tbsp. lemon juice. Sour cream / yogurt are optional, but without them the dip will be thicker.
- Whizz until fairly smooth, about 15 seconds on high, scraping sides as required. Try and add more lemon juice if necessary. You might also consider season with a bit of salt depending on how salty your salmon is. But please also bear in mind the saltiness of crackers or bread you will be serving the dip.
- Transfer into bowl, garnish with the reserved lemon zest, thyme, and peppercorns. Enjoy at room temperature or chilled. Keep the leftovers refrigerated for 2-3 days.
Hi – I’m Ben, a blogger, recipe developer, and food photographer. I’m glad you’re here! I hope you will enjoy hundreds of delicious recipes and a pinch of havoc in the kitchen.