This Prosciutto Egg Salad is a delicious and creamy recipe made with a few simple ingredients. And most importantly, it is creamy without being heavy. Perfect for summer time (or all year round!)
Hello everyone! How are you doing? How are you dealing with the heat waves, if you are “lucky” to get one of it these days? It’s been quite brutal here in Nova Scotia for already five days, and it’s not going to improve any time soon. Besides other unpleasant side effects like headaches and overheating, I constantly feel sleepy and sluggish on such days. That’s why I am going to keep it short and sweet today – simply cannot focus on writing this post. Who can relate?
Prosciutto Egg Salad
For this Prosciutto Egg Salad I used the same method for boiling the eggs described in this post. The result? Lovely soft-boiled eggs, set but creamy and delicate.
Other ingredients include prosciutto and chives. Also, the dressing is super easy and light. No mayo – just the combination of sour cream and feta. Plain yogurt will work as well. Because the saltiness of feta and prosciutto, you don’t really need any extra seasonings. Except for some black pepper.
This egg salad turned out perfect! You can serve it as a side dish, but we enjoyed it for our lunch with crusty bread. Satisfyingly without being too heavy. That’s a win-win!
I hope you like this Prosciutto Egg Salad, as well as the suggested method to boil the eggs. If you try it, let me know in this post or send me an Instagram message or share you photos adding the hashtag #havocinthekitchen.
Prosciutto Egg SaladCourse: Salads, Appetizers
This Prosciutto Egg Salad is a delicious and creamy salad recipe made with only a few simple ingredients. And most importantly, it is creamy yet light because of the use of sour cream instead of mayo. Perfect healthier version for your summer gatherings!
2-3 slices prosciutto (about 50-60 gr.), finely sliced
1/4 cup finely minced chives
about 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
2-3 tbsp. feta
a pinch of black pepper
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil, high heat.
- Carefully lower the eggs into the pot one at a time, using a spoon or strainer. Boil for exactly 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Cover and let the eggs seat in the hot water for between 6 to 8 minutes (6 minutes for set but super creamy, 8 minutes for mostly set with firm but soft egg yolk.)
- Take the eggs out from the water and place them in the cold water, either filled container or running. Let them sit until they are cool enough to peel. Peel and roughly chop.
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt (sour cream) with feta and a good pinch of black pepper. Using an immersion blender, blend until smoother and creamier.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped eggs, chives, prosciutto, and the sauce. Stir to combine. Try and add more pepper or even salt if necessary. Sprinkle with the chive blossoms if desired.
- Serves 2-3 as the main course or 6-8 as a side dish.
Hi – I’m Ben, a blogger, recipe developer, and food photographer. I’m glad you’re here! I hope you will enjoy hundreds of delicious recipes and a pinch of havoc in the kitchen.