This Tomato Prosciutto Pasta with lots of caramelized onions and garlic and herbs is a lovely summer dish. Serve it with some parmesan and glass of wine and enjoy summer dinner.
Hello, everyone. I hope you’re doing well. So am I. I am going to keep it very short today. Even though that extreme heat wave I reported last time has gone now, it’s still very hot in our apartment. My brain is apparently melting and cannot produce even a couple of coherent paragraphs. You are going to forgive me though, aren’t you? Why? Because I’vebrough this scrumptious Tomato Prosciutto Pasta for you!
I believe most of you enjoyed tomato pasta at least once in your lives, or perhaps you do enjoy it every now and then. Summer is the perfect time for this kind of recipe, after all. However, this is not just regular tomato pasta as I’ve tried to elevate the flavour profile by adding:
- Smoky and salty prosciutto;
- Caramelized onions and garlic. We do like garlic! While I suggest using 2-3 garlic cloves in the recipe, you should always adjust the amount to your liking. For our Tomato Prosciutto Pasta, I used much more of the garlic, like 5 or 6 large cloves. Trust me, that won’t be overpowering;
- A lot of herbs. I used fresh thyme and some basil paste (As I didn’t have fresh basil on hands), but you can use parsley, oregano, or even rosemary (You’ll need just a little of rosemary);
- Smoked paprika and chilly flakes for more aroma and a little kick;
- A good amount of olive oil and butter for the extra creamy texture and a little good balsamic to bring up more sweetness and freshness;
- Parmesan or other salty cheese to balance the sweetness of the dish.
I hope you don’t need more arguments on why this Tomato Prosciutto Pasta is so delicious. If you still have some doubts, I encourage to give it a try and let me know what you think.
Hi – I’m Ben, a blogger, recipe developer, and food photographer. I’m glad you’re here! I hope you will enjoy hundreds of delicious recipes and a pinch of havoc in the kitchen.