This Strawberry Rose Trifle with shortbread cookies, pistachios, and cream cheese is an easy no bake dessert. Made with rose petal jam and fresh strawberries, that’s a perfect summer treat!Jump to Recipe
Hello everyone – how are you doing? Are you ready for a luscious dessert?
Indeed – I’ve just realized – this it is the third dessert I’ve shared this summer. The previous were these Crêpes with Lemon Lilac Sauce and these Crêpes with Passion Fruit Sauce. Yeah, I’ve been into sharing cocktail and dip ideas mostly. In fact, I’ve only made and photographed a dessert couple of times so far. And I don’t think it’s going to be different for the remaining part of this summer. Spoiler alert: most desserts I am about to share would be…crepes! Shocking, I know.
This Strawberry Rose Trifle is ridiculously easy but scrumptious dessert!
Strawberry Rose Trifle
To make it, you will need:
– Cookies of your choice. Shortbread would be ideal. Even better, if you use pistachios cookies.
– Cream cheese; that’s the base for an easy cream.
– Rose petal jam, homemade or store-bought.
– Fresh strawberries. Raspberries or stone fruit like peaches would be great, too.
– Pistachios, optional, for garnish.
Don’t Have Rose Jam?
Can you make this dessert without rose jam? Yes, while the result would be a little different, you can use a little of rose water. In this case you will need to sweeten your cream cheese by adding honey or – even better – strawberry or raspberry jam.
As you can see, that’s super easy but ultra tasty!
I hope you like this Strawberry Rose Trifle, and you will give it a try. If you try it, let me know in this post or send me an Instagram message or share you photos adding the hashtag #havocinthekitchen.
Strawberry Rose TrifleCourse: Dessert
This Strawberry Rose Trifle with shortbread cookies, pistachios, and cream cheese is an easy no bake dessert. Made with rose petal jam and fresh strawberries, that’s a perfect summer treat!
1 and 1/3 cup cream cheese, room temperature
about 1/2 cup rose petal jam
a few drops of rose water (optional)
2 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled and halved or sliced
about 8-10 cookies like shortbread, roughly broken into smaller pieces (abut 2 and 1/2 cups)
2 tbsp. pistachios, chopped (optional)
- Using a hand mixer, whip the cream cheese until lighter, about 40-60 seconds. Stir in the jam and, if desired the rose water, and keep beating for about another 30 seconds or so, to incorporate.
- To assemble, you can use one small-medium size trifle bowl or 3-4 individual glasses. Spoon a little of the cream cheese mixture on the bottom.
- Layer the strawberries. Spread the remaining cream cheese. If desired, you can add a spoon or two of extra rose jam. Generously sprinkle with the cookies and if desired, with the pistachios. Garnish with the strawberry or mint, if desired.
- Refrigerate for about one hour before serving. Enjoy!
- Don’t have rose petal jam? You can use strawberry or raspberry jam instead, combined with rose water (Amount adjusted to your taste.)
Hi – I’m Ben, a blogger, recipe developer, and food photographer. I’m glad you’re here! I hope you will enjoy hundreds of delicious recipes and a pinch of havoc in the kitchen.