These Smoked Cheddar Mozzarella Baked Gnocchi make an utterly scrumptious and quick meal.
Happy Monday, friends. Don’t be angry with me, though. I know such thing as Happy Monday doesn’t exist. I was just teasing you. Besides, I’ve brought these Smoked Cheddar Mozzarella Baked Gnocchi for you which would make a Monday a little bit more bearable. You cannot be angry with me after this, right?
To begin with, there’s a fast update on a “coyote issue”. No more coyotes have been reported so far! However, it looks that you are likely to meet a…mmm…weir…aaaz…mmm…
A few days ago, I had just started my trail. Since it was completely dark, I was distracted for 10 seconds searching for a flashlight on my phone (I keep forgetting where to find it. I am nor a phone savvy. I am old too.) All of a sudden, from the darkness, I heard a very loud and positive “GOOD MORNING!”. Oh boy, was I frightened! Obviously, I didn’t hear a guy wearing ALL black approach me. Who’s told him it’s fine to wear black outfits in the morning and scare nice folks?
There’s another story happened just two days after I saw the coyote. Again, it was entirely dark, and of course, my camera’s flashlight was only a little help. Anyways, I noticed some suspicious silhouette on the right side of the trail where I was walking. Silhouette suspiciously resembled a large dog. “Large coyote!’ I assumed immediately. I didn’t have many options, so I just moved to the left part of the road (Which certainly wouldn’t have helped) and slowed down.
You know what/who was it? A lady who was doing her yoga exercise! On a gym mat. In the darkness. In the middle of nowhere. Not exactly cause it was the middle of the trail. Why? Why not in the park? Why not on the grass surrounding the road?
As you see, sometimes it’s less surprising to meet a coyote!
Smoked Cheddar Mozzarella Baked Gnocchi
All right, back to these gooey Smoked Cheddar Mozzarella Baked Gnocchi.
There’s a thing. I know I’m behind because I haven’t posted any apple recipe yet while some of you have moved to pumpkins. As the matter of fact, I still have few unpublished recipes/pictures related to the summer food. I’ve made a decision not to post them at all or otherwise I might jeopardy the Christmas season (Because it’s fine to post apple and pumpkin recipes in January and later, but posting Christmas cookies in March would be a little strange.)
I wasn’t going to post these Smoked Cheddar Mozzarella Baked Gnocchi either. Then I thought that would be such a cruel thing to do. You wouldn’t have forgiven me if I hadn’t published this recipe.
Although I made this dish almost two months ago, I think with the colder days, this comfort food would be highly appropriate (and appreciated).
What’s great about these Smoked Cheddar Mozzarella Baked Gnocchi?
1. Who doesn’t like gnocchi? Btw, I found so-called “skillet gnocchi” which don’t need to be cooked in boiling water. As the result, you’ll get gnocchi which is awesomely crisp and golden from the outside and not mushy from the inside.
2. Lots of cheese such as smoked mozzarella and smoked cheddar. Who doesn’t like gooey deliciousness?
3. Bacon. No comment here. And even though I normally go with either turkey or chicken bacon, this time I opted for some smokey fatty real bacon.
4. Lots of fresh basil. You can substitute for other available herbs like thyme or sage or grab some dry.
5. Who doesn’t love baked pasta when cheese is golden and bubbly? I’ve never baked gnocchi before though, but I will repeat definitely.
6. This dish will be ready in just about 20 minutes.
7. What else do you need, my dear readers?
I know what! You’ll certainly need these Smoked Cheddar Mozzarella Baked Gnocchi in your life. You’ve deserved this.
Hi – I’m Ben, a blogger, recipe developer, and food photographer. I’m glad you’re here! I hope you will enjoy hundreds of delicious recipes and a pinch of havoc in the kitchen.