These Pork Chops with Grapes are succulent, tender, and delicious. They are made in one pan and ready in less than 15 minutes.Jump to Recipe
Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. I also hope the autumn in your area is lovely and warm.
Even though it’s been rainy quite often lately here in Nova Scotia, it’s still warm most of the days. And that’s “Don’t put your shorts away yet” type of warm fall. And I certainly hope similar weather stays until at least Canadian Thanksgiving.
I’ve been enjoying seasonal fruit and vegetables including apples and pumpkins a lot these days (Hopefully so you are!) But autumn is not only about apples and pears. Personally, I associate it with grapes and figs as well. Oh especially that concord grape. Even though grapes are available all year round, that’s the symbol of autumn to me.
And that’s why I am excited to share these Pork Chops with Grapes with you. I must admit I made them…back in May, though! I just never got a chance to post the recipe (So many other recipes were happening that time!) But I figured late September is a perfect time for this deliciousness.
Pork Chops with Grapes
I don’t cook pork chops often. Indeed, this was probably the second of third time I ever made porkchops! I know – lame! Thus, that’s not surprising this is my first (But definitely not the last one!) porkchop recipe.
While you can make porkchops in oven, I opted for a pan-seared version. It’s super easy and fast – you will only require less than 10 minutes! Plus a little time for cooking grapes. You probably have roasted grapes in the oven, but you can also quickly sauté them in a pan. Since you will need to let the seared pork chops rest for a few minutes prior to serving, that will be enough for cooking the grapes in the same pan!
The flavour profile is simple but strong. Olive oil, butter, salt, chipotle powder, garlic, and thyme.
I hope you like this recipe, and you will give it a try soon. If you make it, let me know in this post or send me an Instagram message or share you photos adding the hashtag #havocinthekitchen.
More Pork Recipes
Pork Chops with GrapesCourse: Main
These Pork Chops with Grapes are succulent, tender, and delicious. They are made in one pan and ready in less than 15 minutes.
- Pork Chops:
2 large pork chops
1 and 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter
salt and pepper, to taste
a pinch of chipotle powder
1/2 tsp. fresh thyme
1/2 tbsp. olive oil (optional)
about 1 and 1/2 cups of seedless grapes
a good pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Take the porkchops out the refrigerator at least 20 minutes earlier (Ideally, one hour) prior to cooking.
- Meanwhile, pat the pork chops dry with paper towel. Season each pork chop generously with salt and pepper as well as with some chipotle and thyme, on both sides.
- Add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Heat the pan for a few minutes – it needs to be hot for the pork chops to get a good sear quickly.
- Add the porkchops to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes without moving/flipping (3 minutes for thinner chops and 5 minutes for pork chops that are up to 1 inch thick). Pork should be golden brown and cooked through.
- When done from one side, flip the chops and cook for another 3-4 minutes more.
- Transfer the pork chops to a plate and let them rest for a few minutes prior to serving.
- In the meantime, add 1/2 tbsp. of olive oil into the same pan. Add the grapes along with the seasonings. Cook over medium-high temperature, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Enjoy!
Hi – I’m Ben, a blogger, recipe developer, and food photographer. I’m glad you’re here! I hope you will enjoy hundreds of delicious recipes and a pinch of havoc in the kitchen.