This Porcini Mushroom Chicken Skillet is creamy, dreamy, hearty, aromatic, and absolutely delicious that will be ready in about 30 minutes!Jump to Recipe
Hello everyone – I hope you’re doing well. So am I, thanks for asking. It’s been a busy this week. That’s why I am going to keep it super short and sweet this time. (Every time I say this, I get some of the longest posts. Perhaps, I should say something different? lol)
Chicken Skillet Recipes
First of all, if you’ve missed this awesome recipe for Shawarma-Inspired Skillet Chicken, I encourage you to check it out. Because it’s really awesome. Trust me.
Secondly, who loves an easy one-skillet chicken recipes? Honestly, I don’t think many of you would give me a negative answer. There are so many reasons to love it, right? Interestingly that most of my chicken skillet ideas on havoc in the kitchen have been with a sweet kick. I’m a huge fan of sweet and savoury combinations. If you are anything like me, you should check this Apricot Pine Nuts Chicken Skillet. Also, are any prune fans here? (I am asking because I’m aware that so many folks are skeptical about them.) You will like this Creamy Chicken Breasts with Prunes then!
Porcini Mushroom Chicken Skillet
This Porcini Mushroom Chicken Skillet is perfectly savoury, though. The combination of flavours is wonderful! Wild mushrooms (I used porcini, but any other will do), chicken breasts, and cream cheese are the main components. Onions, garlic, smoked paprika, chipotle powder, and herbs make it super aromatic. Sour cream add a little tang. So many good things are going on in terms of the flavour and texture profile!
You can serve this Porcini Mushroom Chicken Skillet with whatever you fancy from a green salad to rice and potatoes. I made some potatoes the same way I shared in this Potato Egg Prosciutto Salad. But honestly, you can simply serve it with some crusty bread, and that would be a perfect meal.
I hope you like this recipe, and you will give it a try soon. After all, Daisy doesn’t approve bad recipes lol. And as always, don’t forget to follow me on my Instagram!
Porcini Mushroom Chicken SkilletCourse: Main
~ 2/3 cup dried porcini mushrooms or any other wild mushrooms
3 large chickens breasts, sliced in thick strips
1 large red onion, sliced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
a good pinch of chipotle powder
~1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
1 tsp. dried herbs (like Italian seasonings)
1/3 cup sour cream
3-4 tbsp. cream cheese
- Soak the mushrooms in 1,5 cups of warm water for 15 minutes. Remove the mushrooms draining them from the excess of water and roughly chop, set aside. Using a sieve mesh, filter the water (from little dust and dirt that dried mushrooms could have) and reserve (You will use it for the sauce.)
- In a large pan combine the olive oil and butter over high medium heat. Cook the chicken strips for about 5 minutes, stirring one or twice, for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to low medium. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, dried herbs, and seasonings. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add about 1 cup of the reserved filtered liquid, cream cheese, and sour cream. Let everything combine and simmer for about 5 minutes, to thicken up. Try and adjust seasonings, if needed. Serve sprinkled with fresh thyme. As a side dish, you can serve with a salad, potatoes, rice, vegetables or even simply with bread, to soak up all this delicious sauce. Enjoy!
Hi – I’m Ben, a blogger, recipe developer, and food photographer. I’m glad you’re here! I hope you will enjoy hundreds of delicious recipes and a pinch of havoc in the kitchen.