These rich, buttery, crumbly, and melt-in-your-mouth Pistachio Crescent Cookies are the perfect treat for the winter holidays.
Hello, everyone! I will keep it very short today. Monday, grrr.
I have mostly been sharing savoury recipe Christmas ideas so far, but it’s going to change this week. I promise to share with you two recipes for festive cookies this week. How about that? Let’s not waste any more of our time and talk about these delightful Pistachio Crescent Cookie.
I don’t like bold statements, but this is probably one of the most delicious nut-based cookie recipes, I’ve ever tried. What’s not to like about this recipe?
- They are super buttery and rich (Thanks to real butter and nut oils);
- They are crumbly and basically melt-in-your-mouth;
- They’re not overly sweet (For some folks may appear not enough sugar);
- Real pistachios inside and in the outer layer
- The outer layer can be done three different ways
The only one real disadvantage is that pistachios are rather expensive while you need about 1,5 cups. My advice: go and buy a package at Costco, that would be the cheapest option, I believe. Besides, this is the Christmas time – it’s okay to splurge a little bit.
Lastly, I’d like to tell you the possible options for the outer layer:
- Leave these cookies as they are. 1/3 cup of sugar makes them just lightly sweetened, and this doesn’t disturb you from the amazing pistachio flavour;
- Finely process (Basically, you need the “dust” with some little morsels) about ½ of the nuts in a blender and cover the cookies while they’re still warm. Alternatively, do the same but add a little (up to 1/3 cup) of powdered sugar to the pistachios;
- Dust the cookies with some powdered sugar;
- Dip the cookies halfway into the melted chocolate (either white or dark) then sprinkle them with chopped pistachios.
I divided the batch into tree batches and tried the first, second, and the last options, and we did like them all. Either way, they’re all delicious.
Now I hope you give these Pistachio Crescent Cookies a try and like them.
Cheers till next recipe!
Hi – I’m Ben, a blogger, recipe developer, and food photographer. I’m glad you’re here! I hope you will enjoy hundreds of delicious recipes and a pinch of havoc in the kitchen.