This boozy Empress Lavender Lemonade is made with the Canadian Empress 1908 gin. It is also light and refreshing and with a pleasant herbal aroma. Perfect for Labor Day celebration!Jump to Recipe
Hello everyone – I hope you’re doing well.
With Labour weekend around the corner, I’ve got a perfect recipe for you. Lemonade. More specifically, boozy lemonade with gin. How does this sound now?!
Empress Lavender Lemonade
This lemonade features the following ingredients:
– Empress 1908 Gin. That’s a famous Canadian Indigo gin that changes the colour from beautiful blue to purple or pink once combined with other ingredients (Especially citrus juice). If this gin is not available, you can use other brand. The only difference would be the colour.
– Lavender simple syrup. You should make it in advance.
– Freshly squeezed lemon juice.
– Lemonade, preferably homemade, so you would be able to control its sweetness (Less sugar or even no sugar at all is better because the lavender syrup is already very sweet.) Alternatively you can use sparkling water or soda so it will be even less sweet.
This Empress Lavender Lemonade is super easy to make. Simply combine all ingredients and serve! Alternatively, you can make a layered version, for a stunning presentation (There will be purple and blue hues, just like the gradient effect.) Besides, this lemonade is only moderately boozy, so you could enjoy it even on a hot summer day.
More Empress 1908 Gin Recipes
And if you like more Empress 1908 cocktails, please check this list:
I hope you like this exciting lemonade, and you will give it a try soon. If you try it, let me know in this post or send me an Instagram message or share you photos adding the hashtag #havocinthekitchen.
Empress Lavender LemonadeCourse: Drinks
This boozy Empress Lavender Lemonade is made with the Canadian Empress 1908 gin. It is also light and refreshing and with a pleasant herbal aroma.
4 oz. Empress 1908 Gin
2 oz. Lavender simple syrup
1/2 to 1 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 oz. lemonade (Less sweet or even sugar-free) or sparkling water or soda
ice cubes, crushed
- Simply combine all ingredients and the divide between glasses.
- Alternatively, you can make your lemonade layered, in this case you will have different colours, so it will be visually more compelling. For this method, fill the glasses with the crushed ice first. Then add the lemonade combined with the lavender syrup and lemon juice. Layer Empress 1908 gin on top and add more crushed ice. Garnish with a slice of lemon and, if available, a lavender sprig. Enjoy immediately!
Hi – I’m Ben, a blogger, recipe developer, and food photographer. I’m glad you’re here! I hope you will enjoy hundreds of delicious recipes and a pinch of havoc in the kitchen.