With Easter being around the corner, this Easter Green Salad with prosciutto and eggs is a delicious and easy recipe idea for your Easter brunch, lunch, or dinner.
Hello everyone – I hope you’re doing well! Are you getting ready for Easter weekend? Are you excited about short week? Moreover, are you excited about next short week, too?
I assume you all are being busy, so I will not take too much of your time. Besides, I plan on working 2 more recipes this week, so it’s going to be busy.
Indeed, do you feel mini chocolate eggs overload? I do! While I’ve enjoyed Easter candy a lot, we all need some balance. Thus, after posting two sweet ideas – Easy Easter Popcorn and Soft Easter Cookies, it’s time for something savoury and healthier.
Easter Green Salad
This Easter Green Salad perfectly fits the bill! It’s packed with textures and flavours. Juicy, crunchy, salty, chewy. Everything you want in one bowl. Technically, it’s not a true green salad, but that’s details, right? So, what does this scrumptious salad offer you:
- Juicy and fresh vegetables such as cucumbers, asparagus, green snap peas, tomatoes, radishes, and iceberg lettuce.
- Eggs. You can choose either soft-boiled or hard-boiled eggs.
- Prosciutto. Indeed, I used the combination of prosciutto and Capicola.
It’s fresh, bright, and juicy. It only requires some simple yogurt sauce with lemon or mustard. Other additions? Avocado, green olives, or feta would be good!
I hope you like this Easter Green Salad with prosciutto and eggs, and you will give it a try! Certainly, I am not giving up on mini chocolate eggs, so please stay tuned (You can always check my Instagram for any updates.)
Easter Green Salad with Prosciutto and EggsCourse: Salads
With Easter being around the corner, this Easter Green Salad with Prosciutto and Eggs is a delicious and easy recipe idea for your Easter brunch, lunch, or dinner.
1 cup shredded iceberg salad
1/2 cup arugula or kale or both
1 small cucumber, sliced
a small bunch of asparagus (7-10 stalks)
a small bunch of snap peas (about 7-10)
4-5 radishes, sliced
2 regular tomatoes, sliced or 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
2-3 eggs, hard-boiled or soft-boiled and peeled
3-4 slices of prosciutto or capicola (or both), torn
green onions or chives, chopped
1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
1-2 tbsp. mayo
1 tsp. mustard
- Trim the asparagus (You will need only the tips and short part of the stalk. Reserve the remaining stalks for green soup.) Cook in boiling water for about a minute, then immediately drain and cool under running cold water. Drain.
- For the dressing, simply combine all ingredients in a small bowl. You might want to add some salt or pepper.
- In a bowl, combine all vegetables. Divide between plates and top with eggs and prosciutto. Sprinkle with the green onions. Enjoy!