This Dulce De leche Cream Liquor is thick, delightfully creamy, and that amazing rich caramel flavour you won’t be able to resist!Jump to Recipe
Hello everyone. Hopefully you are doing well. I am fine, too.
I disappeared for a couple of weeks because it’s still hard to process what’s going on in Ukraine right now. That was the subject of my previous post. While I am not really enthusiastic about blogging now, I will try pushing myself to get back on track. Otherwise, I will end up having even bigger archives of unpublished recipes (I have more than 70 as of today! LOL Plus new pictures to update those dozens of old recipes LOL).
That being said, I am excited to share this Dulce De leche Cream Liquor. Which I actually made and photographed last autumn. I’ve previously shared this Homemade Pumpkin Cream Liqueur, Candy Cane Cream Liqueur, and Homemade Gingerbread Cream Liquor.
Dulce De leche Cream Liquor
The idea is similar. But instead of sweetened condensed milk most homemade cream liquors would call, here we are using dulce de leche. Luscious, right? You can control the sweetness by adjusting the amount of dulce de leche. Start with 2/3 cup and then add more as needed. Other ingredients include:
– Strong alcohol such as whiskey, rum, bourbon, or even vodka. Any good quality spirit will do. You can play with the amount of alcohol too by making it more or less strong.
– usually heavy (whipping) creamy; however, lighter cream like 18% will do. In this case I used a part of heavy and a part of coffee (10%) cream.
– Instant coffee. Optional but adds more complexity to the flavour profile. It also goes so well together with dulce de leche.
– Good vanilla extract.
– A little pinch of salt for the balance.
And you know what’s the best part of this recipe? You can easily adjust it to your liking making it [less] sweeter, thinner, or thicker. And you will also need just about 5 minutes to make it. While the chilling is recommended, you can enjoy it right away. Great news, right? :)
I hope you like this Dulce De leche Cream Liquor, and you will give it a try. If you make it, let me know in this post or send me an Instagram message or share you photos adding the hashtag #havocinthekitchen.
Dulce De leche Cream LiquorCourse: Drinks
This Dulce De leche Cream Liquor is thick, delightfully creamy, and that amazing rich caramel flavour you won’t be able to resist!
1 cup whiskey or other strong spirit like rum, bourbon, or vodka
2/3 to 1 and 1/2 cup dulce de leche – to taste
1/2 cup heavy (whipping, 35%) cream
1/2 cup light (10%) cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp. instant coffee
a tiny pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (Start with ~2/3 cup of dulce de leche first) and combine until smooth. Try and adjust the sweetness if necessary by adding more dulce de leche (The more you add, the thicker it also will be.) Mix again. Chill for 30 minutes, although you can serve it right away.
- Store refrigerated for up to a week. Enjoy!
Hi – I’m Ben, a blogger, recipe developer, and food photographer. I’m glad you’re here! I hope you will enjoy hundreds of delicious recipes and a pinch of havoc in the kitchen.