Jump to recipe
Enjoying these unbearably sweltering days? This refreshing Blackberry Lavender Lemonade may help you!
This post was originally published in July 2016. I have taken and uploded new photos while the recipe and blog post remain the same.
These hot, hot summer days…
If you’re looking for something which helps to escape this summer heat, I cannot guarantee this Blackberry Lavender Lemonade will fully help you. I recommend you moving somewhere to the North regions.
But this Blackberry Lavender Lemonade will definitely make these sultry days more enjoyable.
But what’s interesting, the half of this summer has passed, and I have not shared any refreshing recipes yet. No lemonades. No ice cream. No sorbet. No – that’s even embarrassing to pronounce – no lavender so far.
But don’t you worry guys. I’m going to fix this soon. I think bringing this Blackberry Lavender Lemonade will make you forgive me, won’t it?
Talking about lavender, two weeks ago I first time ever visited a lavender farm. That wasn’t a huge field, but that was the largest I had seen so far. Should I mention I really was excited or you can figure this out? I mean, I might (or might not) have chosen the outfit and glasses frame of lilac color to match the lavender field. Tell me now I wasn’t prepared!
Blackberry Lavender Lemonade
Also, I bought some lavender seeds because my previous package was almost over. There’s a rule: you cannot run out of lavender. Never. Ever. Besides, I got some delicious lavender honey which I may use in one recipe as well. But if not, I will be simply enjoying it over a crispy warm toast.
What about you, folks? Have you been enjoying lemonade and ice cream enough this summer?
Have you ever tried lavender lemonade? What’s your favorite flavor (Although I am quite sure nothing could beat this Blackberry Lavender Lemonade)?
Blackberry Lavender Lemonade
Refreshing Blackberry Lavender Lemonade with a sophisticated flavor.
* 2 tablespoons of lavender will introduce quite intense flavor.
** I like tart lemonades so I added more than 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1,5-2 cups of blackberries
- 2 tablespoons dry lavender (or less/more, to taste)*
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed (lemon juice or more/less, to taste)**
- 1-2 tablespoons honey or other sweetener of your choice
- 7-8 cups of water
- In a jar combine the berries, lavender, honey, and lemon juice and slightly mash the berries to release the juice.
- Add water and mix. Try and balance the taste by adding more lemon juice or sweetener.
- Place in the fridge for at least 12 hours. You may wish to strain from the lavender seeds and blackberries after that or keep them in the lemonade and remove just before serving.The longer the lavender and blackberries remain in the lemonade, the more intense flavor will be getting.
Hi – I’m Ben, a blogger, recipe developer, and food photographer. I’m glad you’re here! I hope you will enjoy hundreds of delicious recipes and a pinch of havoc in the kitchen.