This Apple Maple Oatmeal is a delicious breakfast idea when you crave something more decadent. With the addition of spices and crunchy pecans, it’s hearty and soul-warming.Jump to Recipe
Hello everyone. I hope you are doing well, and I hope you are ready for October. I mean, October? C’mon, seriously? It’s our Canadian Thanksgiving in two weeks! I know time flies fast, but it looks it’s using a Boeing airplane this year!
Anyway, it’s season of apples right now. And I am finally with my first apple idea.
You probably know my love for a hearth oatmeal. I enjoy oatmeal few times a month, but it’s usually very simple and plain (Occasionally, with a dash of cinnamon, banana, or a spoon of peanut butter. Who really wants to spend time for making their breakfast throughout the working week?) Weekends though? Totally different story. That’s the time everyone can indulge themselves with something extra special!
More Oatmeal Ideas
There’s few special oatmeal ideas on the blog you might like.
Apple Maple Oatmeal
However, I’ve never had a recipe of oatmeal with apples (Which is surprising!) But if you like millet, there’s this Spiced Apple Honey Millet Porridge.
So it’s time to fix this, and this Apple Maple Oatmeal with pecans and spices is luscious and hearty. The combination of apples, maple syrup, and pecans is so cozy, right? It does not take too much time to make it. While the oatmeal cooks (Which takes just about 7 minutes), you can make the sautéed apples in a pan.
Oh, it’s so buttery and rich! If you don’t like or have maple syrup, you can use honey or simply about 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. And of course, you can choose waterer spices you like. Think of cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger or even pumpkin pie spice.
I hope you like this hearty and tasty Apple Maple Oatmeal, and you will give it a try soon. If you make it, let me know in this post or send me an Instagram message or share you photos adding the hashtag #havocinthekitchen.
Apple Maple OatmealCourse: Breakfast
Apple Maple Oatmeal (With pecans and spices) is a delicious breakfast idea when you crave something extra special, hearty and soul-warming. Two medium servings.
1 cup of rolled oats (Use 5-7 minutes cooking time)
about 1 and 1/2 cups to 1 and 2/3 cups water – see notes
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. of butter (optional)
- Apple Maple Topping:
1 to 1 and 1/2 tbsp. butter
2-3 tbsp. maple (or honey)
1 medium apple, cubed (~1 cup cubed)
2-3 tbsp. pecans, roughly chopped
a good pinch of cinnamon, cardamom and ginger each
a tiny pinch of salt
- In a small saucepan, bring the water with a pinch of salt to a slow boil.
- Add the oats and cook, occasionally stirring, for about 5 minutes over medium heat (Check the info on the package.) Off heat. If desired, add an extra 1/2 tsp. of butter. Cover and let it stand for a minute or two. Serve immediately topped with the apple topping.
- Apple Maple Topping:
- On a pan combine the maple syrup and butter over medium heat until the butter has melted.
- Add the apples, pecans, salt, and spices. Simmer, occasionally stirring, for about 5 minutes or until soft yet firm. Adjust the cooking time accordingly, depending on the type of your apple.
- Serve your oatmeal with the topping. Enjoy!
- Use 1 and 1/2 cup of water for thicker version and 1 and 2/3 cup for thin version.
Hi – I’m Ben, a blogger, recipe developer, and food photographer. I’m glad you’re here! I hope you will enjoy hundreds of delicious recipes and a pinch of havoc in the kitchen.