Watermelon Peach Halloumi Salad with prosciutto, mint, and lime drizzle is a refreshing and delightful salad to celebrate the watermelon season.
Watermelon Peach Halloumi Salad
Hey, everyone! Can you believe there’s only one month of this summer left? I cannot! On the other hand, we are heading to my favorite part of this season. I do love September with its comfortable and warm weather and an abundance of seasonal produce. Sadly, some good things such as cherries or apricots are gone (Technically, you can still buy them in our area, but the price is outrageously high). On the other hand, there are so many things to enjoy. Plums and other stone fruit, melons, and corns to name a few.
Actually, do you feel that autumn will be here in a month? It’s not that obvious yet, but the air has significantly cooled down which is an amazing thing as I am sick and tired of complaining to you about the weather. Also, wild rosehip and Rowan berries are getting reddish. That’s about it.
Oh, there is one more thing. You can see apples and pumpkins already on the Internet. No judgment. But you know me – that’s not going to happen on my blog until the end of September. Indeed, I am done photographing summer food as I have enough recipes for the next 3 weeks or so. So, I am just going to embrace the remaining summer as much as possible. I won’t lie that I haven’t thought of fall recipes yet. In fact, I am already thinking about using apples and pumpkins, but the actual process won’t start for a while.
And what’s on the menu in September? Plums, corn, ice cream, and watermelons. Talking of watermelons, I am excited to present you this Watermelon Peach Halloumi Salad. I hope you are familiar with sweet and savory watermelon combos, and I certainly hope you try this version. The combination of watermelon and peaches is incredibly juicy and refreshing. I also added some prosciutto (Indeed, some Jamón too) and grilled halloumi to make it more substantial. Fresh mint and a drizzle of lime make it even more refreshing.
Cheers for now.
(You can find me in my room with a watermelon in one hand and ice cream in another).
- 1 - 1,5 cups of arugula
- 2 cups of small watermelon segments
- 2 medium peaches, pitted and sliced
- 150 gr. Halloumi
- Few slices of prosciutto or Jamon
- Fresh mint leaves (I used orange and chocolate mint)
- a little drizzle of lime
- Slice the halloumi (1-1,5 cm thick). Place in a sieve and let stay 10 minutes to dry out. Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Don't add any oil. Place the halloumi and cook about 2 minutes or until the bottom is nicely browned. Flip over and brown from another side. Off heat.
- For the salad, divide the arugula, watermelon, peaches, prosciutto, and mint between plates and drizzle with the lime juice. Tip with the warm halloumi and serve at once.