I bet when you saw this delicious phrase “Watermelon Glazed Cake Donuts”, you didn’t believe your eyes!
Ben and donuts. Donuts and Ben. That just couldn’t be real.
“Oops, I did it again” and so on.
But I’ve got at least three excuses. First of all, I haven’t made any donuts since April, 2015. 5 months are not that bad, aren’t they? Plus, they’re Watermelon Donuts! Absolutely seasonal and delicious stuff. I mean, If I had made just let’s say lavender donuts, that would have been more embarrassing. And lastly, in my previous post, Watermelon Mint Chocolate Ice Cream, I mentioned I made a good amount of that watermelon syrup, for ‘any case’. In my book, these donuts are the perfect ‘case’. Don’t you think the same?
Finally, and this is an additional explanation, you don’t need an excuse to make and eat some donuts.
But don’t you worry, friends! I’m not going to screw up my #donutaddictiontreatment.
When I was making them, I didn’t feel anything. I didn’t come up with 500 mouthwatering ideas. I’m not obsessed with this idea again. Of course, this year I’m going to make a few kind of donuts.
For instance, cardamom glazed donuts are on my list. What do you think about them?
Sure, I’m planning to make some fall flavors. Apple. Or maybe Apple Maple donuts. Better both – that won’t hurt us. And maybe I’ll make pumpkin donuts. Or Pumpkin Dulce De Leche donuts? What a hard decision. All right – I’ll make all. You won’t judge me? And some Christmas donuts are the must.
As I said, just a few kinds.
Nothing to be worrying about.
And these Watermelon Glazed Cake Donuts are just amazing and so addictive. They’ve got so refreshing distinctive watermelon flavor. But note that I added some watermelon flavor to intensify the fragrance going on.
Scrumptious guys, indeed! They are….It’s like…mmm…eating a watermelon!
Scrumptious. And embarrassing.
I’d better keep silence today. The pictures will tell you everything you need to know.
Make some these donuts, guys. Have fun.
Do you like watermelons? If yes, you have got to make these mouthwatering Watermelon Glazed Cake Donuts. It's like...eating a real watermelon!
- 1 and 1/2 cup of flour (+1-2 tablespoons if needed)
- 2/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- soften butter or cooking spray, for tins
- 1 cup powdered sugar (+1-2 tablespoons if needed)
- 3-4 tablespoons watermelon syrup
- 1-2 drops of watermelon flavor (optional but recommended)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chocolate, optional
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees F (215 degrees C).
- Butter holes of donut tins and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together first four ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, using a mixer or just a whisk, blend together the melted butter, sugar, oil, vanilla extract, for one minute. Add the milk.
- Stir the wet mixture in the dry ingredients and mix just to combine (don't overmix!).
- Spoon batter into donut wells, filling them about 1/4 inch from the rim.
- Bake in the preheated oven 7-8 minutes.
- Let the donuts cool in the tin for a couple of minutes then transfer them to a wire rack and completely cool.
- To make the glaze, just combine the powdered sugar, syrup, and watermelon flavor if using. Add some powdered sugar more if needed to get the desired consistency.
- Cover the donuts with the glaze and sprinkle with the chocolate if desired. Let them set for a while.