This Turkey Cranberry Brie Flatbread with walnuts, cream cheese, and walnuts is a perfect recipe for cold winter days. Its rather festive look makes it also a delightful hot appetizer for the Christmas season.
Hello, my fellow food bloggers and everyone who has stopped here. I am happy to join you by starting my Christmas marathon. I think November 19th is the earliest date I’ve started this season on my blog. Although Christmas decorations were mostly up in Halifax last week, the Christmas season doesn’t start until the beginning of December to me. Also, there was the Parade of Lights last Saturday, and although we enjoyed the event, that was rather weird to hear “Merry Christmas!” many times. While I don’t mind Christmas decorations in November, I accept Merry Christmas wishes not earlier than in the mid of December. Well, if I receive these wishes along with a box of Christmas treats before this time, I will gratefully accept it (Just because of my impeccable manners).
On the other hand, as a food blogger, I open the Christmas season early. However, while previous years I started it in the mid of November, this year I am almost done with my holiday recipes by the mid of November!
Indeed, my first Christmas recipe I got…over a month ago. Should I be embarrassed about this fact?
That’s true. I made this turkey Cranberry Brie Flatbread when we celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving. I figured that we rarely have roasted turkey leftovers (Specifically, we normally have them…after Thanksgiving), so I couldn’t miss the opportunity to make a festive flatbread. Decided! Embarrassed and with flushing cheeks, I pulled some Christmas props when it still was almost 20 degrees C outside to photograph this scrumptious Turkey Cranberry Brie Flatbread.
Result? Crispy thin flatbread, cream cheese, shredded roasted turkey, walnuts, and cranberry sauce generously sprinkled with smoked cheddar and brie and baked until hot and gooey. Do you need any further reason to give this flatbread to try?
I bet you don’t!
I imagine this Turkey Cranberry Brie Flatbread would be a wonderful choice for a lazy Christmas brunch or even an appetizer while waiting for the Christmas dinner. This also might be a great idea for our American friends celebrating Thanksgiving soon. Either way, your family and friends will appreciate it.
And don’t forget to check this Lingonberry Brie Naan Pizza from last year.
- 2 flatbread (like Naan bread)
- 4 tbsp.cream cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded roasted turkey
- 4-6 tbsp. cranberry sauce (Preferably, not jello-kind)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup smoked cheddar, grated
- 120-150 gr. brie, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Place the naan bread onto the baking sheet.
- Spread the cream cheese over the naan bread. Arrange the shredded turkey and walnuts, and drop the cranberry sauce in few spots.
- Finish with the smoked cheddar and brie.
- Bake for about 6-9 minutes (depending on thickness of the bread) or until the cheese has melted and the edges of the flatbread are golden.