Summer is the perfect time for pasta salads, and here we go – this delicious summer Tomato Basil Pasta Salad will please your palate.
Pasta Salads&Naps. More, please!
As you may know, Andrey is far away for the time being, and needless to say I’ve been missing him. However, he always asks me to try finding positive things even in a dull situation. What kind of positive things you can find in this situation?
They all are definitely about food (And may be more naps.) Even though I like making something good for both of us, there are certain things I can enjoy only by myself. Why not use such an opportunity, right?
I think, this Tomato Basil Pasta Salad is a quintessence of such meals.
Tomato Basil Pasta Salad
First of all, it’s a pasta salad. Don’t get it wrong. Andrey does like pasta, but he prefers it in an old-fashioned way. He may eat a pasta salad once in a while, but he doesn’t not fully understand how you can enjoy cold pasta.
Next, there are sun-dried tomatoes being added while they are fully and forever banned. In any form. In any shape. In any dish.
What’s the next? Pine nuts. He is ok with them, especially when they are in a bulk store. While he may be fine having them in a salad, Andrey doesn’t like them in any pasta. Weird, isn’t it?
And lastly, it’s about ricotta. When it’s a part of a sauce, using ricotta could be accepted, but when sprinkled over pasta – no, thanks! Well, if I had added some blue cheese (Which would be a nice addition), that would have been an absolute win-win-win.
As you see, I am right – this delicious Tomato Basil Pasta Salad is something that I’ve got to enjoy by myself. And you know what? I’m not complaining. And I will be having a lot of pasta salad in the nearest future. Trust me.
Do you like pasta salad? What’s your favorite combo?
- 1 cup cooked medium shape pasta
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and sliced
- handful of arugula
- fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh ricotta
- a good drizzle of each extra virgin olive oil and balsamic
- 1-2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- black pepper, optional
- edible flowers, optional
- In a bowl combine the pasta, tomatoes, arugula, and basil. Add a drizzle of oil and balsamic. Sprinkle with the pepper if using. You can serve immediately or chill in the fridge 30-60 minutes - the salad will be even better.
- Before serving, add the ricotta, pine nuts, and flowers.
- Also, you can add some black olives and sliced red onion.