This Tangerine Pecan Pomegranate Cheese Ball combines three kinds of cheese: smoked cheddar, goat cheese, and cream cheese. The combination of dried and fresh herbs, garlic, and smoked paprika balances out the sweet notes while pomegranate arils make it look festive. Indeed, this is the perfect way to wrap this year up!
Hello, my friends. It might hard to believe but another year is almost over. I won’t repeat those obvious things that it has gone way too fast. We don’t need to dwell on the year and regret about anything today, right? (However, some of us will probably regret about life choices made in December when communicating with their scales in January…But again, we are not talking about bad things today! Also, remember that the scales tend to lie in January.)
I don’t feel like summing up this year a lot, but I should mention that I am proud of myself for making and introducing some desserts from my childhood to you. I am talking about this Napoleon Cake, this Medovik (And a few twists on it), Peach Cookies, and Nut Cookies. I have also shared recipes featured Rowan Berries (Aka dogberries in some parts of Canada), and I hope next year you’ll pick some berries and use them in a recipe. Updating photographs of old recipes has been another huge project, and I will definitely continue it next year (Gosh, I already want to re-take some photos taken a few months ago!)
This year I have discovered that tea pictures can be fun (although super challenging), and I do believe next year I’ll have more ideas for tea and other drinks. By the way, check this Christmas Tea Collection which is perfect for the winter time. There’s my first New Year’s resolution: more drinks next year. And more candles of course.
And I do believe I have found my new passion this year: cheese balls! I have only made it twice, but I have plenty of ideas for 2019. I hope you’re excited about this part too. There’s my second New Year’s resolution: more cheese balls and similar appetizers in 2019.
However, there’s one disturbing fact which for some of you (David, I won’t mention your name as I don’t want to embarrass you) might be a positive trend. Lavender. I have shared only one lavender recipe this year. What’s wrong with me?
There’s my last New Year’s resolution: keeping in touch with my old friend Lavender. Perhaps even making lavender tea or a cheese ball. What do you think? In a meanwhile, you should definitely celebrate the end of this year with this Tangerine Pecan Pomegranate Cheese Ball. All the flavours and its appearance scream loudly: “I am a perfect appetizer for a New Year’s Eve celebration!”
All right. Let me thank you for being with me this year, and I hope to see you all in January.
Happy New Year!
- 3 cups grated smoked cheddar
- 200 gr. plain goat cheese
- 3-4 tbsp.cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp. dried herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary (If using dried, take 1/4 tsp)
- pinch of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- zest of 1 tangerine
- 2-3 tbsp. tangerine juice
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- Place the cream cheese and goat cheese in a large bowl and mix until combined. Stir in the cheddar, paprika, herbs, garlic powder, tangerine juice and zest. Add the pecans and mix once again to combine. You might need to add a bit of cheddar (up to 1/3 cup grated) more to thicken up, but keep in mind that once refrigerated, the cheese ball hardens as well.
- Roll the mixture into a ball. It will be a little sticky so refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Cover the cheese ball with the pomegranate arils gently pressing them into the cheese and gently turning the ball to coat all sides.
- Cover the cheese ball with plastic wrap and chill for an hour or until ready to serve.