This Sweet Potato Naan Pizza with caramelized onions, cheddar, pungent blue cheese, crunchy pine nuts, and aromatic sage is a delicious and fast recipe to start this year.
Well, hello, hello!
Have you missed me? Please be honest. I know you have.
I am glad you’ve liked my first round-up ever. Certainly, I am positive you’ll like this Sweet Potato Naan Pizza too.
I will keep it short today (Because I know you cannot wait to run into the kitchen to make this delicious Sweet Potato Naan Pizza). In my last post of 2017, I mention there would be some news soon.
Are you ready?
I have moved! I mean not from one place to a new one witing one city. Now I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Some of you might recall that Andrey has been living and studying there for over a year and that we have been thinking of my relocating as well. This happened!
It’s been a week since we got to Halifax :)
Sweet Potato Naan Pizza
With some things gradually getting settled, it’s time to talk about some scrumptious food like this Sweet Potato Naan Pizza.
Last year I shared some pizza ideas based on naan bread, and I am going to continue this trend! However, for the record, this version happened before Christmas when I was still living in Ontario.
This naan pizza is loaded with many hearty ingredients such as sweet potatoes, caramelized onions, cream cheese, cheddar, blue cheese, pine nuts, sage, and smoked paprika. Sounds good, isn’t it?
Result? A delicious, aromatic, gooey, and hearty pizza which is ready in just 20 minutes! That’s the perfect meal for some chilly winter nights.
- 2 whole grain naan
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese (with garlic and herbs)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 small/ medium sweet potato, cubed (1 cup cubed or a little more)
- 1 medium white onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. balsamic
- about 10 fresh sage leaves + more to garnish
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F).
- In a meanwhile, in a medium skillet/pan heat the olive oil and cook the sweet potatoes over high medium heat for about 3 minutes, occasionally stirring, until start to brown. Then reduce heat to low medium, cover, and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes more or until the potatoes are soft but not mushy. Stir in the sage, 1 tbsp. butter, balsamic, and paprika, and cook for few minutes more.Off heat.
- Place the naan bread into a baking sheet. Spread the cream cheese over the bread.
- Divide the cooked potatoes between naan. Sprinkle with the cheddar, blue cheese, and pine nuts over the potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 7-10 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.