This Strawberry Lavender Lemonade is a refreshing delicious drink which is perfect for hot summer days!
This post was originally published in July 2015. I have taken and uploaded new photos while the recipe and blog post itself remain the same.
I’ve got bad news, my friends!
I’ve been cooking for the last two weeks too much. Don’t be surprised, please – I’ll explain…
Not only have I cooked quite often due to some free time and great natural light, but also I’ve taken all these pictures. Surprisingly, most of them turned out to be
awesome good enough (I’m still a humble guy, remember?). And this is bad, so bad.
Sounds confusing, eh?
Basically, I post between 10 to 14 recipes every month. I’ve already sorted out and edited the pictures for recipes taken in June, and that’s quite an impressive number, something like 10 or so. Plus, these recent photographs for another 10 or so recipes.
Importantly, most of them are perfectly seasonal. Sure, I can put off posting a few recipes up to September or even October since they are not really associated only with summer. But what am I going to do with the other images? Lemonade, cold coffee, and sorbet, perhaps, not the best things to publish in Christmas.
In fact, If I stop cooking and photographing, I would have the material for the next month and a half.
But whom am I kidding? I’m not able to stop. I haven’t incorporated a lot of seasonal stuff in my salads (salads with apricots and cherries to be posted soon!). I haven’t shown you two other dessert soups yet, and I’m already thinking about the next step. Plus, you anticipate specific examples of using alcoholic dressings in salads. Believe me, I’ve planned to make so many variations that there’s a risk to become addicted!
And it’s only July. There’s the season of melons and watermelons coming. And many other good summer things.
What am I going to do, what am I going to do (panicky)…?
While I’m looking for a solution, there’s one simple recipe. Enjoy this Strawberry Lavender Lemonade while it’s still hot outside!
And sorry about this lavender.
Sweet and delicious strawberries are perfectly paired with lavender in this delicious and so refreshing Strawberry Lavender Lemonade.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons dried lavender
- 10-15 large strawberries
- 1 cup (or less/more, to taste) lemon juice (about 6-7 lemons)
- 6-8 cups water (or less/more, to taste)
- Place the sugar, water, and lavender in a small pot and heat over medium heat.
- Stirring often, bring to a slow boil until the sugar is fully dissolved, few minutes.
- Off heat. Let the syrup stand for about 10-15 minutes and then remove the lavender.
- Mash the strawberries and add to the syrup. Completely cool.
- Strain. If the strawberries don't bother you, omit the step.
- In a jar, combine the syrup, lemon juice, and water. Try and adjust by adding more lemon juice or water.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!