This simple Strawberry Chicken Smoked Gouda Salad with a refreshing cherry mint dressing is a delicious way to enjoy your meal on a hot summer day.
Strawberry Chicken Smoked Gouda Salad
Hello, my friends! I hope you are doing fine. I need to apologize as I have neglected to visit your scrumptious blogs this week. I open my Bloglovin’ every morning, get scary how productive you are, and close it. Yup, this week has been insanely crazy. I also owe you an apology as I have failed to post a new recipe earlier this week. My last recipe – luscious Hazelnut Honey Cinnamon Ice Cream – happened almost a week ago. I have so many things to finish yet, but I hope it gets better by next Tuesday. And I am certainly going to start visiting your blogs, too. Please, hold on posting new recipes :)
Don’t worry, though. I have a plenty of recipes which are ready to go (Once I sort out and edit the photos haha). There are a couple of fabulous ideas (ice cream and cookies) I am excited to share with you, but I am keeping them for later since they need more of my attention. But I promise you will like them.
Today I am going to keep it simple and short. Nothing complicated. Still, this Strawberry Chicken Smoked Gouda Salad is a very elegant meal. It only has a few simple ingredients including strawberries, peppery arugula, succulent iceberg, juicy chicken, and smoked gouda. And the dressing? It’s super delicious and refreshing – made with frozen cherries and mint. Of course, you can use fresh cherries too, but fresh cherries deserve more than being used in the dressing. Also, pitting? No, thanks. But I will post a salad with fresh cherries too – please stay tuned.
That’s it for now.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved or quartered
- 3 cups salad (I used the combination of iceberg and arugula)
- 150 gr smoked Gouda, cubed
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. butter
- smoked paprika, pepper, salt, garlic powder and dried herbs of your choice
- 1 cup frozen pitted cherries, thawed
- 7-8 fresh chocolate mint leaves
- a little of water (about 1 tsp)
- In a pan combine the butter and oil over high heat. Place the chicken breast and cook it 2 minutes from each side, until well seared.
- Decrease heat to low medium. Season well from both sides, cover, and cook for about 8 minutes, flipping once. If the pan is getting too dry, you can add 1 tsp of hot water. The breast is ready when it's beautifully golden and soft (it will be easily cut with a spatula). Off heat.
- To make the dressing, simply place the thawed cherries and mint in a blender and pulse until pureed. Add a little of water for the desired consistency and blend again.
- In a bowl combine the salads, strawberries, and smoked gouda. Divide between plates. Top with the warm chicken. Serve with the dressing.