This Spiced Grapefruit Curd with fragrant thyme and aromatic pink peppercorns is a luscious and refreshing spread for anything you fancy!
Hello, everyone. I hope you are doing well. Let me guess: some of you might temporarily be working from home, right? While we are all adjusting our lives nowadays, let’s keep it positive. That’s a temporary thing, and everything will start going back to normal very soon.
Also, I’ve brought you this delightful Spiced Grapefruit Curd to cheer your up! First of all, some extra vitamin C in a sweet form is always a good idea. Secondly, who doesn’t love some delicious citrus curd? Lastly, that’s not just any citrus curd. Grapefruit is not extremely common curd flavour – but OMG – it’s fantastic! Besides, I have incorporated aromatic thyme and pink peppercorns that elevate this recipe to a more sophisticated, elegant flavour. The bitter grapefruit taste combined with refreshing aromatic ingredients.
This Spiced Grapefruit Curd might not look as glossy and shiny as any other citrus curd recipes, but I think that is because of the additional flavourings. Most importantly, the taste is here, and it’s great!
Cheers for now and take care!
- 1 cup grapefruit juice (1 large or two small grapefruits)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar (or a little more, to taste)
- 125 gr. butter, cubed
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 10-15 pink peppercorns, crushed
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the juice, sugar, thyme, peppercorns, and yolks.
- Cook at medium heat, stirring frequently with a whisk, until thickened, for about 8-10 minutes.
- Off heat. Cool and then keep refrigerated.