This Smoked Seafood Flatbread with smoked mussels, oysters, hot-salmon, cream cheese, and smoked cheddar is packed with flavour.
Hello, everyone. Post-holidays blues might not be an easy time for many people. Truth be told January is statistically a hard month with January 21nd notoriously known as the most depressing day of the year, so I have decided to cheer you up with this insanely delicious Smoked Seafood Flatbread. You don’t need to thank me – the fact you’ve tried this recipe will make me happy.
I also believe January is the month many of us are eating light meals. That applies to us (Not because we have made some silly New Year’s resolutions. We don’t make them. We just set some little achievable goals throughout the year. On a side note, we wouldn’t mind dramatically reducing our sugar intake, but we don’t treat this as an achievable goal).
But please don’t get my statement wrong. I don’t think this flatbread belongs to a healthy-eating category. In fact, it is a rich and gooey indulgence which shouldn’t be enjoyed on a regular basis (It’s packed with proteins, though). The truth is that I am still posting some recipes from 2018, and I made this scrumptious flatbread just before the Christmas holidays. Please stay tuned – there will be super rich chowder and boozy chocolates soon. And believe me that we’re eating lighter meals these days meaning that we don’t have any desserts except store-bought ice cream (Which is again packed with calcium, so we cannot just give up on it).
Do I really need to describe this recipe? I don’t think so. Let’s just count all these tasty ingredients together: smoked mussels, smoked oysters, sweet & spicy hot-smoked salmon, smoked cheddar, cream cheese (to balance out all these rich flavours), and goat cheese. I also added in one flatbread some canned crab meat (Yes we totally decided to splurge on), but please feel free to skip this part. Crab meat has a delicate flavour and texture which will inevitably get lost amongst all these smoky things.
Well, I hope you didn’t even finish reading the previous paragraph as you’d rushed to the kitchen to make this. That’s okay. I’m not going to judge you. We all need some pampering in January.
See you soon.
- 2 flatbread (Such as Naan)
- 4-5 tbsp. cream cheese, either plain or with herbs and garlic
- 1 can (80-100 gr) smoked mussels, well-drained
- 1 can (80-100 gr) smoked oysters, well-drained
- 150 gr. hot-smoked salmon (I took sweet and spicy)
- 1 can (70-80 gr) crab meat, drained (Optional, I added it but its delicate flavour will be not visible in this recipe)
- 1 cup grated smoked cheddar, divided
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- fresh thyme and parley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to about 200 degrees C (400 degrees F).
- Divide and spread the cream cheese over the bread.
- Arrange well-drained (That's important otherwise the base might absorb too much oil and be soggy) mussels,oysters, and salmon. Add the crab meat if using.
- Sprinkle with the goat cheese and cheddar.
- Bake for about 6-8 minutes or until the edges are crispy and browned and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with parsley, thyme, and lemon.