Creamy and rich Roasted Sweet Peppers Mac and Cheese with a luscious cream cheese sauce.
This post was originally published in November 2015. I have uploaded the new photos while the actual recipe and text remain unchanged.
Friday, finally, it’s almost Friday. The best day ever.
We need to celebrate such a significant day with something delicious. What about this Roasted Sweet Peppers Mac and Cheese?
Indeed, people spend their Friday’s evenings differently. Some go out. Some stay until late hours while others go to bed earlier. Some folks celebrate with a delicious meal like pizza.
We’ve got our Friday tradition too. We have a nap. Actually, we don’t necessarily have to work to get our nap. It just happens every week, just with a few exceptions. It’s quite a good 1,5-hour nap, and the most enjoyable part of it that we kind of stretch every Friday. Besides, what should happen once you wake up? Right – breakfast!:) So, it’s the legitimate time to indulge yourself with something delicious. Ice cream and favorite TV shows which we could not watch during a business week – what could be better?
For the last 3 months or so we also have been going to the gym after our nap. Sounds weird? But believe me, after the nap your gym session goes much better. Besides, the gym is almost empty (sure, people are watching TV shows and eating ice cream).
We’ve got another tradition – Friday pasta. Practically, we don’t necessarily eat it on Friday because sometimes I can make it on Saturdays, but it’s still our Friday symbol.
However, I haven’t been making any pasta for over a month. I don’t think I will be making it the next month either, You know, Christmas treats require some ration adjustment:)
But don’t you worry guys because I still have some unpublished pasta pictures so you won’t miss my recipes. Today I’ve got this fantastic Roasted Sweet Peppers Mac and Cheese. It sounds simple. It doesn’t require any fancy ingredients. But the combo is so comfort and nice. Gooey smoked mozzarella, roasted bell peppers puree, smoked paprika, and fresh basil work well together. You should definitely try this one!
But before you go to the kitchen to make this Roasted Sweet Peppers Mac and Cheese, there are a few questions. Do you have your Friday habits? Pizza or pasta on Friday?
Roasted Sweet Peppers Mac and Cheese with Smoked Mozzarella and Basil.
- 3 medium sweet peppers
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 250 gr. dry pasta
- 1,5 cups grated smoked mozzarella
- 3-4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- pinch of cayenne
- handful of fresh basil (better red) + more
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. (450 degrees F). Place the peppers in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. In 10 minutes put the garlic to the peppers. Once the peppers are done (the skins should be black), remove them from the oven. Let cool and then remove the skins and seeds.
- Remove the garlic flash (just by squeezing the cloves) and mix with the pepper flesh. You could use just a part of the garlic and reserve the remaining or you could use it up all - roasted it's sweet and not overly garlicky. Process the peppers, garlic, basil (reserve some), smoked paprika, cayenne, olive oil (or substitute for water) until nice and smooth.
- Cook the pasta as recommended until al dente. Drain. Combine with the sauce, mozzarella (2/3), cream cheese, and remaining basil. Transfer the pasta to a baking dish or skillet. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake in the preheated to 190 degrees C (380 degrees F) oven for 20-25 minutes. Put under the grill for a minute if desire.