Shrimp Smoked Cheddar Golden Berry Salad is a refreshing, bright, and elegant dish for a summer meal.
Shrimp Smoked Cheddar Golden Berry Salad
Hi, my friends. I hope you’ve enjoyed your weekend pretty well. I understand some of you were rather surprised to hear about out outrageously cold weather in my last post. The good news is that it’s much better now – not too cold but not too sweltering either. Nice and refreshing; just perfect for me.
Also, this week is going to be busy again – I’ll need to handle quite a couple of projects. This means that “I am going to keep it short and classy this week”. I know, it’s becoming such a cliche. But what can I do?
But at least this delightful Shrimp Smoked Cheddar Golden Berry Salad is not a cliche! It’s indeed a delightful and elegant salad that features many delicious ingredients. They all perfectly work together and create a lot of different flavors and textures. Let’s see:
- Juicy garlicky shrimp
- Succulent golden berries (physalis)
- Peppery robust arugula
- Rich and smoky smoked cheddar
- Orange juice and olive oil for a light dressing
What can I say? DELICIOUS! And on top of that, it takes just around 20 minutes or even less to make this salad. This means you get more time because who needs to spend lots of it during summer?
- 1 pound of cocktail shrimp, peeled, thawed
- 1 tbsp butter (preferably with garlic and herbs)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup smoked cheddar, cubed
- 1/2 cup golden berries, halved
- 4 cups arugula
- 1-2 tbsp of orange juice
- In a large pan melt the butter with olive oil and cook the garlic, 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook over high heat for just 2-3 minutes or as recommended on package. Season with the salt and pepper. Off heat. Drain but reserve the liquid.
- In a bowl combine the arugula, cheddar, golden berries, and shrimp.
- For the dressing, combine the orange juice with 1-2 tbsp of the reserved buttery liquid.
- Divide the salad between plates and drizzle with the dressing.