This Roasted Beetroot Pancetta Bruschetta is a fantastic combination of sweet and salty notes. Aromatic balsamic vinegar and pungent blue cheese are nice touches too.
Roasted Beetroot Pancetta Bruschetta
Hello, my friends! It’s only Tuesday, but I am posting the second recipe this week (Have you checked this Apple Prosciutto Brie Crostini?) Are you ready for another kind of bruschetta which are perfect for the autumn and winter time? You asked for it! Please enjoy the Roasted Beetroot Pancetta Bruschetta. I think the roasted beets tossed with balsamic and pancetta and finished with pungent blue cheese (Alternatively, feta) on toasted bread work perfectly here. It is also very easy to make of course if you have the beetroots already roasted.
However, its exceptional taste is not the only one reason I rushed posting this recipe. Of course, I was thinking about you, my friends. I told myself: “Ben, wouldn’t be it great when your friends see the bruschetta and feel jealous of me having had this deliciousness?” You know me – I am a highly considerate guy.
If seriously, there’s a simple explanation. As I explained in my previous post, I have already prepared for you 8 new recipes, and I am not going to stop (yet). When I have a bunch of recipes waiting for their time, I often start dividing them. Just “nice” (“lovely”, “okay”, “regular”, “nothing special”, etc) and “awesome” (“fantastic”, “fabulous”, “you have never seen anything like that before!”).
Have you ever had this situation? If yes, are you that kind of person who cannot wait to publish the most favorite ideas first? Are you perhaps the person who is not affected by emotions, and simply posts the oldest recipes first (No messing with the schedule)? I prefer to process less favorite recipes first. That’s why sometimes I post 3 recipes week. On the other hand, I often give more attention to another kind of recipes. Occasionally you can see only one post during a week. Well, now you know one big secret :)
This might sound silly as a food blogger, I should be proud of my work, and I should treat all my creations equally. It works for me and this blog, though. Well, I hope I am not the only one weirdo here when it comes to blogging.
And I certainly hope you’ll try this delicious Roasted Beetroot Pancetta Bruschetta too.
- 7-9 slices of baguette
- 2 medium beetroots, roasted, peeled, and cubed
- 1/3 cup cubed pancetta
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- fresh oregano
- dried herbs, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup plain cream cheese (take with garlic and herbs for a more aromatic version)
- 1/4 cup blue cheese (or feta), crumbled
- 1 tbsp. sunflower seeds, toasted (pine nuts would work too)
- Toast the bread on a dry skillet, from both sides, as desired. Off heat.
- Place the cubed beets and pancetta in a pan and cook over medium heat, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the balsamic, oregano, dried herbs, and pepper. Cook, tossing, for a couple of minutes longer. Off heat.
- Spread some cream cheese over the toasted baguette. Top with some beetroot mixture. Sprinkle with the sunflower seeds, blue cheese (feta), and more fresh oregano.