This Roasted Beetroot Buckwheat Salad is a delicious and healthy way to kick this Monday off!
Before I start describing how great this Roasted Beetroot Buckwheat Salad, let me demonstrate my good manners, my friends, and ask you about your weekend. 1. Did you enjoy it? 2. Was it enough? 3. Are you excited to handle this new week? 4. Is there such a thing as Happy Monday?
In case you wish to see my answers too, here we go. I will keep it short. 1. Yes, but not enough. 2. See the previous answer. 3. Do I have any other choice? 4. Well, no comments.
There’s another thing, my friends. I’d like to introduce a new lovely tradition – have short posts on Mondays! I mean, who needs to read 2603 words on Monday? We don’t need our Mondays get even more miserable, do we? Besides, my brain and creativity don’t work well enough at the beginning of week (As well as at the end of week)
Roasted Beetroot Buckwheat Salad
So, I think I’ve come up with a great idea (Almost genius considering it was born on Monday!)
Roasted Beetroot Buckwheat Salad might sound a little unusual yet delicious salad! I bet a lot of you haven’t tried buckwheat yet (We won’t count those buckwheat pancakes or waffles you might enjoy). For the record, there are some recipes featuring buckwheat flour like these Mushroom Ham Cheddar Buckwheat Crepes or Buckwheat Tuna Pancakes. Using buckwheat isn’t a really common thing in North America which is sad because buckwheat is the healthy food with a delightful earthy nutty flavor. It could be used in many ways, and my favorite is mixing it with sauteed veggies, mushrooms, herbs, and occasionally meat. Like this Beef Eggplant Buckwheat. Or you can make a healthy yummy salad. Like this one.
Roasted Beetroot Buckwheat Salad with arugula, walnuts, feta, and a simple dressing is a delicious way to beat your Monday blues.
- 1 cup cooked buckwheat, cooled
- 1 large (2 medium) beets
- 1 large handful of arugula
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/3 crumpled feta
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, optional
- Cook the buckwheat as recommended on the package (Normally, it takes about 17-20 minutes), rinse and cool.
- Preheat oven to 210-215 degrees C. (420-430 degrees F). Wrap each beet up in a piece of foil (better in a double layer). Place on a baking tray and roast for approximately 1 hour - 1 hour 20 minutes depending on their size. Check with a wooden stick - if it goes through the beets easily, they are ready. Otherwise, cook them for an additional 10-15 minutes or until ready. Cool then peel and cut.
- In a bowl, combine together the cooked buckwheat, beets, arugula, and walnuts. Add the vinegar and olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the feta and serve.