This delicious Potato Tuna Feta Salad with a light mustard & olive oil dressing is another (healthier) alternative to your traditional potato salad.
Potato Tuna Feta Salad
Hello everyone. Yes, I am still alive (although sometimes this unbearable heat makes me feel different). And I was so nice to you that I have decided to bring this Potato Tuna Feta Salad. I was skeptical about doing this today, though. First of all, as I mentioned in my previous post, my last week was pretty much hectic. It’s been going easy since yesterday again, and that’s a good thing.
It’s been getting very hot and humid since last weekend again, and that’s a bad thing. My brain refuses to properly operate during such weather. While it agrees to perform some essential functions (example: consuming a lot of ice cream), it doesn’t want to participate in blogging. I do have a lot of photos – the idea of sorting out and editing them makes me horrified. I do have enough good recipes to share with you – the idea of linking letters and words in some coherent text makes me cry.
Also, I planned on discarding this Potato Tuna Feta Salad because I was not satisfied with the photos, but as you see I have ended up publishing it. Why did I change my mind? First of all, it’s delicious. The combination of potatoes, tuna, crunchy fresh vegetables, olives, arugula, and feta with a light olive oil & mustard dressing makes a delicious yet lighter potato version. Besides, turned out that there were the only one pictures I had edited. But that’s not the deciding factor, you know!
You can easily take this Potato Tuna Feta Salad for your picnic or other gatherings. I would just recommend you tossing the arugula and tuna just before serving.
And lastly, I would like to solemnly promise that I will share a new recipe in a couple of days, but you can help me to decide on the recipe:
- Ice cream
- Delicious soft cookies – mini cakes
- Naan pizza
- Another ice cream :)
- about 1/2 pound of baby potatoes, skins on or off optionally, halved if they are large
- 1 can (125 gr) canned tuna in water
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh cucumber
- 3-4 large radishes, sliced
- 1/3 cup black olives, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- small red onion, 1/4 cup finely sliced
- 1 tsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard (preferably not too vinegary)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup feta, crumbled
- Boil the potatoes in salted water between 10-13 minutes depending on their size. Drain.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and dress them in the mustard, olive oil, balsamic, and lemon zest while they are still warm. Toss well and let them stay about 10-15 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Add the cucumbers, radishes, olive, onions, basil, and capers. Season with the black pepper. You can serve immediately or chill first.
- Add the arugula, feta, and tuna just before serving.