This Plum Pancetta Blue Cheese Flatbread is a quick, elegant, and delicious recipe featuring summer fruit, pancetta, and fragrant rosemary. It also combines three kinds of cheese such as cream cheese, smoked cheddar, and pungent blue cheese.
Hello, everyone. I hope you’re doing well getting ready for the weekend. I am a lazy person, and I’ve brought you a recipe for lazy people (For a lazy weekend, if you wish.) Indeed, over the past two years, I have shared a dozen of flatbreads…and none of those recipes were made from scratch. I do love a good homemade pizza, and I am good at making delicious dough for a crust. But since I’ve discovered you can make a beautiful quick meal with store-bought flatbread, I just cannot help myself!
Also, I am a huge lover of sweet & savoury combinations including flatbread, and I am happy to present this Plum Pancetta Blue Cheese Flatbread to you. It is jam-packed with summer flavour and textures:
- Juicy plums;
- Sautéed onions;
- Smoky crispy pancetta (You can use prosciutto or other similar protein);
- Aromatic rosemary (You are welcome to use thyme, oregano, basil, and other fresh herbs)
- Delicate cream cheese;
- Scrumptious smoked cheddar;
- Pungent blue cheese
- A touch of honey just for a balance.
I also wanted to add in some nuts (either walnuts or pine nuts), but there wasn’t just any room left for them haha (Although some extra nutty crunch won’t hurt!)
And the best thing about this recipe? It is ready in less than 20 minutes!
Please go ahead, make this Plum Pancetta Blue Cheese Flatbread, and do enjoy the summertime.
- 1 large or two medium thick flatbread, such as Naan
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small red or white onion, thinly sliced
- 4-5 medium plums (Firm, not too ripe), pitted and cut into 4-5 wedges
- 100-125 gr. pancetta, cubed
- 1/2 tsp.balsamic
- 1 tsp. honey
- fresh rosemary (roughly chopped) and thyme
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp. plain cream cheese
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup grated smoked cheddar
- 70-90 gr. mild blue cheese, crumbled
- Optional: walnuts, pine nuts, fresh basil or other herbs
- Heat a pan with the olive oil and cook the onion, 5 minutes.
- Add the pancetta and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the plums, rosemary, black pepper, balsamic, and honey, and cook for about 5 minutes, until the plums are slightly softened.
- Preheat oven to 180-190 degrees C (360-370 degrees F). Arrange the flatbread onto a baking tray layered with parchment.
- Spread the cream cheese and sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheddar.
- Arrange the plums (If desired, you can add some nuts). Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar and blue cheese.
- Bake for about 7-9 minutes or until the edges are browned and crisp and the cheese has melted.