Hello everyone. I hope you had a fantastic Christmas. I know many people are taking a week off this time of the year to expand the Christmas weekend. In many countries, there’s an entire week of the statuary holidays. As about my situation, I am back to work. I am not complaining, though. I like this time of the year in the office – quiet, not so many people, and you can be a little bit relaxed too.
Certainly, I feel a little bit sad. Christmas, as always, comes and goes by so fast. But I am trying not to be upset about it – there’s still something to celebrate this year! So please guys put back your Christmas tree and turn your Christmas lights on. On a side note, I’ve known some people who literally disassemble their trees and Christmas decorations right after the main celebration, on a Boxing day. Please tell me that you are not this kind of people.
And while I am not ready to eat anything festive (Oh boy, I need a break from all this fudge and chocolate. Is anything interested in Irish Cream, Kahlua, and Nutella Fudge?), I am sure I will start thinking of the New Year’s Eve treats in a day or two.
What about this Pistachio Pomegranate Hummus, by the way? It’s rich, elegant, and super delicious – perfect for a New Year’s Eve party, I believe. The nutty pistachio flavour is accentuated with refreshing pomegranate arils. I also added some pomegranate molasses, and its sweet and tart flavour perfectly accentuated this hummus.
It’s going to be one of the most delicious dips you’re about to try. Because you’re going to celebrate the New Year’s Eve with this Pistachio Pomegranate Hummus, are you?
Cheers and please stay tuned – I will have another lovely idea for your New Year’s party.
- 400 gr. canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup shelled salted pistachios (If using unsalted pistachios, you will need to add salt)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 to 4 tbsp. pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly minced
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, or more to taste
- about 1/3 cup cold water or as needed
- Topping: 1-2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup pistachios, 1/3 cup pomegranate kernels
- Add the chickpeas, pomegranate molasses, olive oil, tahini, garlic, and spices to a food processor and blend until smooth. Gradually add some water blending until the hummus reaches the desired consistency. Try and adjust the taste by adding more molasses, tahini, or spices.
- Garnish the hummus with some extra olive oil, roughly chopped pistachios, and pomegranate.