This Persimmon Prosciutto Smoked Cheddar Salad with salted pistachios and light honey dressing is packed with flavour and texture!
Hello, everyone. I will keep it radically short today again. Wondering why? I’ve had an extended weekend this time again (Every 3 weeks I get an extra Friday off). And while I am not complaining about this situation (How anyone could indeed?), somehow I am able to tackle fewer tasks than I would normally do. As a result, by Sunday I always feel obligated to do something useful…Like sharing a recipe for this tasty Persimmon Prosciutto Smoked Cheddar Salad. I hope this counts.
Of course, I am exaggerating a bit. For instance, on Friday I made and photographed two recipes, a cake and pasta. And trust me, photographing in my case isn’t the fastest thing. In fact, the setting process sometimes takes longer than actual cooking. And did I mention all the cleaning and putting all the props back?
Talking about props. You probably noticed that I’ve been using spruce branches for my photos a lot lately. But don’t you worry, please – our forests are safe. While I might have borrowed some branches in the park last November and December, I don’t need to do this now. The secret is that when people started to discard their Christmas trees after the holidays, I was collecting some beautiful brunches. After all, those were perfectly beautiful trees! In January we had a huge bag of the spruce brunchesin…the refrigerator, to keep it fresh. I also froze some little pieces, and they’ve worked perfectly fine too. You shouldn’t waste natural resources, right? So next year instead of sending cookies for me on Christmas, you can ship your trees once you don’t need them haha.
All right, back to this Persimmon Prosciutto Smoked Cheddar Salad. I made it the way we normally eat our salads:
- It’s satisfying thanks to proteins but not overly heavy, and it’s the entire meal for your dinner or lunch;
- It’s fancy and elegant;
- It combines both sweet and salty notes;
- It combines various textures like juicy, chewy, soft, crunchy;
- Thanks to prosciutto and smoked cheddar, this salad is packed with flavour too.
Do I need to say indeed more? Just try this Persimmon Prosciutto Smoked Cheddar Salad and remember: spring is almost here.
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 persimmons, pitted and sliced (While persimmons vary, try finding the varieties which are softer)
- 100-125 gr. prosciutto
- 2 tbsp. salted pistachios
- 150 gr. smoked cheddar, cubed
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 2-3 drops of honey
- 1 tsp. orange or lemon juice
- In a small cup combine the oil, honey, and juice, and whisk to combine.
- Divide the arugula, persimmons, prosciutto, cheddar, and pistachios between two plates and drizzle with the dressing.