This winter Persimmon Cranberry Chicken Salad is packed with flavour and texture, not to mention the vitamins for your immune system.
Hello everyone! Can you believe it’s February? Let me congratulate us on this important event. The most depressive (Statistically speaking) and darkest month, January, is over. While winter isn’t over yet (February can be extremely cold, again statistically speaking), we’re getting closer to spring! That’s exciting. You know hat else is exciting? This Persimmon Cranberry Chicken Salad.
We love seasonal salad for an opportunity to incorporate various fruit and vegetables throughout the year. Clearly, winter is associated with citrus fruit and cranberries to me. That absolutely makes sense as they’re packed with essential for the cold time of the year Vitamin C. However, citrus fruit aren’t the star of my recipe today – persimmons are.
This year I have already shared two recipes featured persimmons – this Persimmon Bacon Goat Cheese Salad and Persimmon Avocado Shrimp Salad. It’s the time for another delicious idea. This Persimmon Cranberry Chicken Salad features everything delicious:
- Aromatic persimmons;
- Tart and juicy oven roasted cranberries (Roasting of them brings up so much flavour!)
- Juicy pan-fried chicken breasts;
This salad doesn’t need a separate dressing. Instead the juice from the roasted cranberries with some honey serves this purpose.
And the best part? It takes less than 30 minutes to make and assemble. Great deal, don’t you think so?
Cheers for now.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 large chicken breasts, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary. chopped
- Black pepper
- A pinch of smoked paprika
- 2 large ripe persimmons, sliced
- About 3 cups of salad of your choice
- goat’s cheese or other soft cheese
- roasted cashews (optional)
- Preheat oven to about 185 degrees C (360 degrees F). Combine the cranberries with honey and rosemary and place onto a baking sheet. Cover with a piece of foil (Protection from exploded juices) Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until soft and juicy. Remove from the oven and let slightly cool.
- In a meanwhile, combine the butter and olive oil in a pan, over high medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until no longer pink.
- Reduce the heat. Season with the rosemary, salt, paprika, and pepper. Cover and continue cooking for about 7 minutes or until cooked and soft. If the pan gets too dry, add 1 tbsp. of water. Off heat and let it cool a little.
- Arrange the salad and persimmons between plates. Top with the chicken and the roasted cranberries drizzled over with some juice. Sprinkle with the goat’s cheese and cashews if desired.