This delicious Persimmon Bacon Goat Cheese Salad is packed with the texture and winter flavours; it’s perfect for this time of the year.
Hello everyone! Happy New Year. I cannot believe that this is happening, and I am finally posting my first recipe of this year. Some needed rest from blogging and everything, you know? Finally, there’s nothing left that reminds me about the holidays (Besides those few extra pounds!), and I am ready to start a new chapter. However, I am still not ready for a long text, so I’ll keep it short and simple today.
I believe this Persimmon Bacon Goat Cheese Salad is a perfect way to eat in January and February (The depressing time of the year, statistically speaking). Why?
- It’s healthy yet satisfying and a good choice to recover after the festive season. You can always leave the bacon part out, but it adds something extra (A lot, in fact!) in terms of flavour and texture;
- It features seasonal fruit like persimmons (They’re gorgeous right now. Are you enjoying the season? Don’t miss it.) and pomegranate. Also, these ingredients make it so vibrant and positive which is a great addition for the dark and cold season;
- There are some awesome additions to the texture like robust arugula, soft cheese and pistachios (And this bacon, too! Sorry for bringing this up again.);
- It’s juicy and aromatic and doesn’t need any dressing, but a few drizzles of orange or lemon juice (More vitamin C!) and honey will never hurt.
- As all salads, this one is very versatile. I’d say keep persimmons and pomegranate and play with the remaining ingredients.
I hope I persuaded you this Persimmon Bacon Goat Cheese Salad is super tasty, and you’ll give it a try soon.
Cheers and see you next week with more persimmon ideas.
- 4-5 bacon strips, cut
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- 2 – 3 cups of arugula or other salad of your choice
- 2 ripe persimmons (peeled if desired) and sliced
- 2 tbsp. salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/3 cup soft cheese (like goat’s cheese), plain or with herbs, garlic, or other additions
- Optional: a little of olive oil / orange juice / honey for a dressing
- Heat a pan with the oil and cook the bacon, 2 minutes. Add the rosemary and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until crisp and nice. Off heat and transfer to paper towel to absorb an excess of fats. Crumble into smaller pieces if desired.
- In a bowl, combine the arugula, persimmons, pomegranate. If using, add a little of the dressing (Olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, honey or the combination). Divide between serving plates. Top with the pistachios, soft cheese, and bacon.