This Pepperoni Tomato Pasta features just a couple of simple and available ingredients, but it is packed with flavour. The beauty of simplicity!
Hello, hello, everyone. I am not going to bother your with questions like “How are you doing”, “Did spring arrive in your area”, etc. While I enjoy working from home, the hardest part is timing. This process is like a learning curve – it doesn’t happen immediately, so I am still adjusting my schedule, and apparently, the blog isn’t my first priority. That will change soon, I am positive about that!
Anyway, I have realized I didn’t share one important news with you. We’ve moved! Not like we changed our apartments – we bought a beautiful house (rustic style) just 10 minutes from Halifax. Lovely neighbourhood (not too crowded), forest and five small lakes around. And the most important part, as a food photographer, I am intensively testing the natural light now, and I love it! Soon, I will be sharing some new recipes photographed in our new house.
However, this Pepperoni Tomato Pasta was made 3 weeks ago still in our old apartments. As Andrey keeps saying, “simplicity is the best beauty” when it comes to pasta. While I love to experiment with flavours and textures, this time I opted for just a small bunch of simple ingredients!
Spicy pepperoni, juicy sweet tomatoes, lightly caramelized onions and garlic, olive oil, a tiny drizzle of balsamic vinegar, and basil. Optionally – some grated cheese and pine nuts on top. Do you feel the way this Pepperoni Tomato Pasta tastes? I hope you do! Or even better – go to the kitchen and make it!
Cheers and see you next time!
- 200-250 gr. pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium white/red onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced (I used more)
- 1 cup sliced mini pepperonis (about 5-6 sticks)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, whole or cut in half if large
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- a pinch of salt
- parmesan, shaved, to serve
- pinenuts, toasted
- more fresh thyme, basil, and olive oil for serving
- a handful of fresh basil
- Heat 2 tbsp.of the olive oil over low medium heat and cook the onions and garlic, about 5 minutes, until lightly caramelized.
- Add the pepperoni and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, herbs, balsamic, and salt. Increase heat and cook about 5-7minutes, until the tomatoes are soft.
- Cook the pasta in salted water as instructed on the package. Reserve some(1/2 cup) liquid and drain. Combine the pasta with sauce and mix. Add some of the reserved water to thinner up the sauce.
- Serve immediately with some extra topping like cheese or pine nuts, if desired.