With these delicious Peppermint M&M’s Christmas Cookies, I’m starting the holiday season at havocinthekitchen.
This post was originally published in December 2016. I have taken and uploaded new photos while the post and recipe remain unchanged.
That’s right, it’s December the 1st, and I’m not going to miss it this time. Last year I might have started posting my Christmas recipes a little too late. This time I’m going to practice a lot to make Santa happy (Although I do believe Santa won’t need all the cookies which would be left for him. That’s okay, though. He has the reindeer. They must be hungry).
Indeed, I baked my first cookies (exactly these Peppermint M&M’s Christmas Cookies along with 2 other kinds) in the mid of November. Then I repeated. The second time was about 2 kinds of cookies and this Spiced Pumpkin Eggnog. Last week I made a few other things.
My approach this year is to make the treats in advance and leave a few weekends free of cooking. How smart is that? Also, my colleagues have been pretty helpful in disposing of all these cookies.
And you know what? I’ve pretty much got enough recipes for the whole month. I don’t know how this happened. Do you think I should stop? I will probably. Not. Because we all need a lot of cookies in December. And Santa too. Not to mention the Reindeer.
These Peppermint M&M’s Christmas Cookies aren’t any sophisticated. First of all, these were the first I made this season. I just needed a good start. Secondly, I’m not sure Santa will like sophisticated cookies (like with lavender). And lastly, don’t worry – I’ll get for you some fancy stuff.
But you aren’t going to argue with the fact these Peppermint M&M’s Christmas Cookies are still quite festive. That’s because of peppermint candy and the traditional Christmas colors.
Simple, not fancy, but highly cozy and delicious! I mean, Christmas is about some uncomplicated and understandable flavors, isn’t it?
If you are looking for something like that, these Peppermint M&M’s Christmas Cookies might be the right choice! Indulge yourself. And Santa! And reserve some for Rudolph too.
Have you started your Christmas season? What’s your favorite Christmas flavour?
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown or golden sugar, lightly packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- about 3 cups pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1,5 - 2 cups of peppermint M&M's
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Cover baking sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl cream the butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt on low speed, 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and continue mixing until well incorporated and pale yellow color.
- Add the baking powder and soda. Gradually incorporate the flour - you may need a little less than 3 cups.
- Stir in the M&M's reserving some for the tops.
- Scoop out some dough and place onto the sheets. Place some additional M&M's on the tops slightly pressing into the dough slightly flatten the cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9-12 minutes or until the cookies until light golden.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from the baking sheets.