This Peach Chicken Naan Pizza with aromatic fresh basil, crunchy pine nuts, cream cheese, and two kinds of smoked cheese, is a delicious way to enjoy summer stone fruit.
Peach Chicken Naan Pizza
Before we talk about this Peach Chicken Naan Pizza, I need to apologize. I’ve lied to you. Twice. When I posted the recipes for this Cherry Prosciutto Naan Pizza and Gnocchi Cherry Crispy Prosciutto Salad, I promised to publish another ice cream idea.
As you can clearly see, I’ve failed. Twice. Being a decent guy, I am not sure if I should keep promising this. I don’t want you to doubt my credibility. The reason is the same. The heat. My brains continue to melt, and I have lost any encouragement to sort out and edit those ice cream photos.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, though. Remember the reason I had opted for the pizza and gnocchi salad instead of the ice cream (fewer pictures to go through)? I am about to run out of those lazy solutions! I do have one or two recipes that (I assume) have fewer photographs…and then the ice cream! There are some other recipes waiting for their lucky time, but I am even afraid of opening the folders – I think I went a bit nuts when taking those pictures.
Anyway, I certainly believe you are not upset with me for posting this Peach Chicken Naan Pizza. That’s the pizza, after all. Not a real pizza, but still gooey, cheesy, and scrumptious. I know my love for sweet and savory combinations, so I could not miss this variation. It requires only a few ingredients and 15 minutes of your time prior to making the pizza. Btw, grilled chicken leftovers would be a great addition here. Result? Phenomenally delicious. As I had 3 flatbread at that time, I topped one pizza with nectarines, and the result was equally delicious.
Chicken combined with succulent peaches, fresh basil, pine nuts, and smoked cheese? I think it’s pretty much a quintessence of a summer meal!
- 1 medium skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- garlic powder, smoked paprika, black pepper - pinch of each
- 1/4 tsp. dried herbs de provance
- 3 small (2 medium) naan flatbread
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (preferably with garlic and herbs)
- 2 large peaches/nectarines, ripe but firm, pitted and thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup of grated smoked cheddar and smoked mozzarella each
- 3 tbsp. pine nuts
- few basil leaves, chiffonaded + more to garnish
- In a pan melt the butter with oil over high heat. Add the chicken and sear for about 2 minutes from each side, until lightly golden.
- Decrease heat to low medium. Season, cover, and continue cooking for about 7-9 minutes, flipping occasionally until cooked through. Off heat and let stand in the pan for another 5 then transfer to a board and let rest few minutes until easy to handle. Slice.
- Preheat oven to about 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Arrange the flatbread on a baking sheet.
- Spread the cream cheese then arrange the sliced chicken, peaches (nectarines), basil, and pine nuts. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for about 7-9 minutes or until the edges are crispy and browned and the cheese is melted.