These Maple Butter Banana Sauce Crepes are a decadent way to enjoy your favourite crepes. This recipe would work with pancakes, too.
Hello, everyone. Please forgive me kindly, but I am keeping it EXTREAMELY short this time, and I MEAN this. Sorry for yelling. The reason is the weather situation right now – it started in the morning with hail turning into the rain, which is about to turn, according to the forecast, into the freezing rain. Dark, gloomy, windy, cold. As you can imagine, that’s not the most inspiring day for writing a long post.
But that’s fine, I brought you these delicious Maple Butter Banana Sauce Crepes instead. Crepes are better any post, you know that!
As you can see from the name, the main ingredients are bananas, maple syrup, and butter. Also, there are some brown sugar and cinnamon. It’s recommended to use ripe bananas because while cooking, they are partially disintegrating, mingling with other ingredients, and turning into a delightful concoction. In my case, I used firmer bananas, so they didn’t have a chance to infuse the caramel sauce as they were ripe. Both ways are delicious, though! Besides, you can incorporate a little of alcohol like brandy or whisky – just when sauce is almost ready. Why not? Butter, maple, and alcohol make a splendid combination!
You might think that these Maple Butter Banana Sauce Crepes are pretty sweet on their own. That’s a correct guess! But you know me – a little drizzle of dulce de leche won’t hurt it. But that’s optional.
Cheers for now!
- 6-8 crepes (You can use this recipe or your favourite recipe http://www.havocinthekitchen.com/crepes/)
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 3 ripe but firm bananas, slices
- In a pan, melt the butter, sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes, to thicken.
- Add the bananas and let them simmer, stirring occasionally, for 4-7 minutes, depending on their ripeness. If desired, you can add a drizzle of alcohol (brandy, bourbon etc.) and let it cook 30 seconds.
- Serve the sauce with crepes.