This delicious Mango Pork Salad is everything you’ve been dreaming of (And perhaps, dreaming about too) this summer.
Summer on Your Plate
Although this may not sound like a light summer dish because of using pork, it is indeed. Well, if some extra fats and calories are your concern, you can freely substitute pork for poultry.
But you cannot deny the fact that this salad is the whole summer on your plate! Tender pork pieces mixed with robust arugula and succulent mellow mango slices is the right thing to do. Also, a delicious strawberry dressing with a delicate mint flavor (Specifically, I used chocolate mint. How does it sound now, eh?) is the perfect addition to this beautiful Mango Pork Salad.
Beautiful, beautiful Mango Pork Salad
I mean pork (Like any other meat) and mango work well together.
Strawberry works well with mango.
Pork and strawberries make the delicious combo.
Both strawberries and mangoes are beautifully paired with arugula.
Well, that’s kind of an endless story.
Not to mention these edible flowers – they meant to be in all summer salads, right?
Avocado? No! Yes!
By the way, initially we were planning to add some avocado as well, but while preparing the salad I decided that would be too many textures and flavors going on. Well, we still ended up having the halved avocados on the side:) So you’re absolutely welcome to incorporate it too – you won’t regret. Also, some soft creamy cheese (like goat cheese) could be added.
I believe I have given you a number of reasons to consider this Mango Pork Salad a perfect summer (And not too heavy!) meal. I hope I was able to egg you on trying this beauty. Perhaps, you even haven’t been able to finish this post. That’s all right – if you are in the kitchen making the salad right now, that’s understandable.
- 400 gr pork, washed, dried, and cubed
- 1,5 tablespoons olive oil,
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and sliced (with a veggie peeler)
- few handfuls of arugula
- edible flovers
- 1 cup strawberries
- 5-7 chocolate mint leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- In a pan heat the oil over medium heat. Season the pork with the salt and pepper and place in the pan. Cook first 5 minutes, occasionally stirring, until slightly golden color. Then decrease heat and cook for about 5 minutes more or until fully cooked.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients and pulse in the blender until smooth. If desired, add a bit of salt.
- Mix the arugula with mango and divide between plates. Top with the warm pork and sprinkle with the flowers. Serve with the dressing.