This Lingonberry Brie Naan Pizza is loaded with flavor and a cinch to prepare. Also, it is perfect for your Christmas brunch or lunch.
Well, hello, hello. Christmas holidays, if you’re celebrating, are almost here, and I’ve brought a Christmas pizza for you. Don’t thank you me, though.
At this point, you probably know me for developing some
insane nice ideas like combining chocolate and pasta or rice with Irish cream.
But pizza? I expect you said “Wow Ben! You’ve overdone yourself. I would never have imagined a Christmas pizza”. Well, if you have passed out for a few seconds, just for a little dramatic effect, that would be so appreciated, guys!
Lingonberry Brie Naan Pizza
Apart from joking, this idea surprised me too for a moment. Then I thought “Christmas pizza”? Why not? It looks festive, packed with cheese, ham, caramelized onions, walnuts, and lingonberry jam, and it’s so simple to make. You’ll need just 15 minutes to get this beauty for your holiday brunch, lunch, or dinner. It might fantastically work as a fancy appetizer.
Certainly, you can make this Lingonberry Brie Naan Pizza any time of year, but the winter holidays sound like a great time. Also, it is definitely a good recipe to wrap up the Christmas season. BUT I’m not saying goodbye to this holiday season. Not yet. I’ll be posting few holiday recipes more next week. It’s legal until January 1st, isn’t it?
So I would like to take this opportunity and wish you all have yourself a little
Lingonberry Brie Naan Pizza Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate. And please don’t eat all the cookies by yourself – leave some for Santa!
- 2 naan breads
- 1 small red onion, sliced (2/3 cup sliced)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2-3 tbsp. balsamic
- 1/2 tsp. of maple syrup
- little pinch of salt
- little rosemary sprig, chopped (1/4 tsp. chopped) + more to garnish
- 6 tbsp. cream cheese
- 4-5 tbsp. lingonberry jam
- 150 gr. brie or camembert
- 4-5 large thin slices rosemary ham (or other meats such as prosciutto or even turkey bacon)
- 1/3 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Place the naan bread onto the baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and sautee the onion, over low medium heat, 5-7 minutes, until soft. Add the balsamic, maple, salt, and rosemary, and let it cook for 5 minutes more. Off heat.
- Spread the cream cheese over the naan bread. Spread the onions over the cream cheese.
- Roll up 4-5 slices of ham (together) and then slice them. Place these spirals on the naan.
- Drop the lingoberry jam in few spots.
- Finish with walnuts and brie.
- Bake for about 8-9 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- When serving, sprinkle with more rosemary.