There’s some dreadful news, my friends!
A new treacherous disease has been recorded recently.
It’s called the “Apple Feaver”. But please don’t get this pretty name twisted. It’s insidious and disseminated one. Besides, it’s been spreading on the Internet, and a lot of folks have already caught it. Food bloggers are the particularly vulnerable category.
The symptoms include but not limited to:
- Anxiety. As soon as you have seen the first apple recipes among the food blogger’s society, you’ve been dramatically affected. You might lose your sleep, keep on thinking about apple recipes you, and so on. If you are lucky to get some sleep, you will still likely dreaming about apples and orchards.
- Dizziness. The fragrances of fresh and baked apples introduce dizziness.
Lost of the appetite.An increase in appetite – you’re ready to gobble up all the apple stuff you see.
As you see, folks, that’s the horrible disease. Personally, I might have caught it from one food blogger whose name I’m not going to disclose. I just don’t want to make David feel embarrassed. So no names.
But I’d love to warn you, friends. Once you’ve got this fever, you’re not going to stop making apple stuff. I’ve heard the only one way to recover from it is a pumpkin fever. Yup, another dangerous illness. There’s no other treatment right now.
I’ve been suffering from this illness for already two weeks. Salads, pork, desserts – I even cannot remember all the things I’ve already made. Perhaps, temporary memory loss is another symptom.
This time I made these delicious Lavender Honey Baked Apples. Did I mention before that apples and lavender are the good friends? In my book, lavender works best with green semi-tart apples, but the other kinds would be fine as well. The recipe is simple, but the result is great! Juicy and tender, with the creamy stuffing, and the delightful honey and lavender flavors, these apples are quite a healthy option too.
But sorry, my friends, I’ve got to wrap it up. Because I feel fatigued. And hungry.
And I hope you won’t be affected by this apple fever. But if this should happen, you should make these Lavender Honey Baked Apples.
Lavender Honey Baked Apples with a cream cheese filling are delicious and quite healthy dessert!
- 2 large apples (kind appropriate for baking)
- 5-6 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of honey + 1 for drizzling
- 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) dry lavender
- 1 tablespoon golden sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (360 degrees F).
- Cut the apples in half and scoop out some flash.
- Combine the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of the honey, and a half of the lavender.
- Stuff the apples with the cream cheese filling and place them in a baking dish. Drizzle with the remaining honey and lavender.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or depending on the kind of the apples or the desired texture.
- When the apples are almost ready, sprinkle them with the sugar, if desired, and grill for just a few minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.