These Lavender Chocolate Shortbread Cookies is a delightful recipe to wrap up this scrumptious festive season.
Is Christmas over yet?
How are you, my friends? Did you enjoy the Christmas holidays? What did you do? Have you manage not to get into a sugar coma? You have? That’s good. Keep it up. Just make these delicate Lavender Chocolate Shortbread Cookies first.
Our Christmas was lovely, cozy, and sluggish. Perfect. The only slightly upsetting thing is that it’s over. Have you ever had that bitter feeling once something good and anticipated is over? I have. Well, I even don’t want to mention the whole year. Did you hear me? The whole damn year. If you ask me, I disagree with this flying time.
One the other hand, this year has been fantastic for me as a food blogger.
For example, I’ve been
drinking making some good things with Irish Cream such as this Dulce De Leche Bailey’s Ice Cream and Baileys Cake Donuts. I’ve introduced halva to some my readers in this Halva Ice Cream recipe.
You cannot imagine this blog without pasta recipes, and I didn’t let you down! Well, mostly I’ve been sharing with some whimsical yet delicious recipes like Chocolate Pasta with Nutella Whiskey Sauce and this Fig Brie Blue Cheese Pasta Bake. Talking about figs, I dedicated some fig recipes to my friends who were missing the fig season this fall. They did appreciate my kind gesture!
Lavender Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
And please forgive me but I need to mention lavender. Because havocinthekitchen and lavender just go together. I’ve been having quite a lavender kick this year resulted in creating this Lavender Layer Cake, Blackberry Lavender White Chocolate Oatmeal, Blackberry Lavender Goat Cheese Crostini and these Lavender Maple French Toasts.
I think these Lavender Chocolate Shortbread Cookies is the perfect way to wrap up my year here at havocinthekitchen (I believe this is the last recipe I’m posting this year). They are soft, buttery, crumbly, and very delicate. Perfect lavender cookies. Even Santa didn’t mind grabbing some:)
Happy New Year, friends!
- 1 cup soften butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1 teaspoon dry lavender +more for decorating
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon milk (optional)
- 100 gr. chocolate wafer disks
- In a bowl, cream the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, starch, salt, and lavender slightly crushed with your fingers.
- Form dough. If it is a little dry, add the milk. Wrap the dough in plastic and chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Cover baking sheets with parchment. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough and cut cookies. Transfer them onto the baking sheets and bake for about 9-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let completely cool.
- Dip the cookies into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with extra lavender. Let the chocolate set.