These delicious, soft, and chewy Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies will help to beat your Blue Mondays.
How are you, my friends? Did you enjoy your weekend? Did you have enough so needed naps?
My weekend was almost perfect, and it involved both active things such as strolling in the parks and gym and lazy things like watching a few episodes of TV Shows and napping. Well, I believe I didn’t have enough naps.
And cooking. Oh yeah, I had a lot of cooking.
Talking about blogging and cooking, there are a few things I’d like to share with you.
First of all, I plan on blogging only 2 times a week in November due to my extraordinary anticipated workload. I think this helps me to less struggle managing blog posts and have a little more time to check your “babies”. That’s a good news, I think.
There’s another good news. As I said, this weekend I did cook and photograph a lot, and now I have some pumpkin and butternut squash recipes. Also, the previous weekend I made some apple things so it seems I am going to catch up with you, guys! Yup, now I have enough recipes for the whole November!
However, there’s also a bad news. There are no lavender recipes for a while. Yes, I know, you’re upset but please don’t be. Wait? Are you crying? Are these tears of happiness? Don’t. Please. Okay, I’ll see what I can do. But first I am posting all the apple and pumpkin recipes.
Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
And these Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Although these Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies don’t belong to either a pumpkin or apple category, they are so good. Soft, melt-in-your-mouth, and a little chewy. Oh, and they got the real Irish Cream. A lot.
Unfortunately, when I thought of making Bailey’s cookies, Google said that idea wasn’t unique. That’s fine. Next time. So I grabbed this recipe (Why to experience with something new if it has already been created?) but slightly adjusted (less sugar – more Irish Cream).
Even though I was a little worried about the results, the Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies turned great and super delicious. Well, no wonder – Irish Cream makes everything better. Even Mondays.
Right! Grab an Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cookie and beat your blue Monday!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup golden sugar
- 1 cup butter, soften
- 2/3 cup + 3 tablespoons Irish Cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C / 350 degrees F. Cover baking sheets with parchment.
- In a bowl sift the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Add the salt.
- With a mixer, cream the butter until smooth gradually incorporating the sugar. Beat in the egg, Irish cream, and vanilla.
- Stir the mixture in the dry ingredients at low speed until dough is formed. You may need to add a little more of the flour.
- Add the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Shape the dough pieces into balls and slightly flatten them, Place onto the baking sheets.
- Bake about 9-12 minutes or until slightly golden and slightly brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let completely cool.