The sauce made of Irish cream, honey, apples, and spices makes these Irish Cream Apple Crêpes ultimately luscious, decadent, and irresistibly delicious.Jump to Recipe
Apple Season to Be!
Hello everyone – I hope you all are doing fine. Yup, I am posting a new recipe not on Monday or Tuesday, as usually. Please blame the long weekend. I was super busy. The thanksgiving turkey was not going to eat itself, you know lol.
Anyway, I am back and most importantly, I am with my first apple recipe this season. I was frightening you to cancel apple season, but I was just messing around. We do love apple season to simply cancel it! I must admit I probably won’t be sharing many apple recipes as I still want to include sweet potato and pumpkin ideas before Christmas. Besides, I still have some nice fig and wild mushroom recipes. Busy times!
Irish Cream Apple Crêpes
Let’s back to these Irish Cream Apple Crêpes. If you like crêpes, you probably already know they and apples go together beautifully. Who has never tried crêpes with a simple apple-cinnamon sauce and a scoop of ice cream? If you haven’t, well, you should drop whatever you are doing, and run into your kitchen to make some crêpe butter.
These Irish Cream Apple Crêpes, though? An elevated version! These sauce is insanely delicious, and it includes:
- The combination of butter and honey;
- Spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg;
- Juicy and tart apples;
- A generous amount of Irish cream. Yup, that’s a very boozy sauce!
- And if you don’t think this is enough, serve crepes with a scoop of ice cream; maple walnut would be a great choice.
I hope I was able to inspired you to try these Irish Cream Apple Crêpes – you won’t be disappointed!
Irish Cream Apple CrêpesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
The sauce made of Irish cream, honey, apples, and spices makes these Irish Cream Apple Crêpes are ultimately luscious, decadent, and irresistibly delicious.
8-10 baked crepes
4 tbsp. butter
2-3 tbsp. honey
1/2 cup Irish cream, divided
1/3 10% cream
a good pinch of salt
a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom, each
3-4 medium tart apples, sliced (preferable different varieties)
- In the pan melt the butter and honey over high medium heat.
- Add the cream, 1/4 cup of Irish cream, salt, and spices. Simmer for about 5 minutes, to thicken
- Stir in the apples and cook for about 10 minutes. Apples should become soft but firm (It’s okay if some get soft and turn into the sauce.)
- Increase the heat. Add the remaining Irish cream and cook for 1 minute. Off heat. Fold the crepes, combine with the sauce, and let them stay to absorb, for a minute or so. Alternatively, serve the sauce separately.
- The cooking time does not include making crepes. Making crepes from scratch would add at least 50 minutes (30 minutes for resting and chilling the batter and 20 minutes for baking crepes.)
- Dressed Herring Salad
- Irish Cream Chocolate Dessert
- Pistachio Panettone Trifle
- Hot Chocolate Collection
- Gingerbread Cheesecake