Hello, World and thanks for all your congrats!
I feel, I feel you would love to ask but hesitating. Congratulations on WHAT?!
This month I am having an anniversary. Last year, somewhere in March, I tried my first green smoothie ever!
Yes, I have always been a sluggish guy. Besides, I had been raising a skeptical eye at green smoothies for a few years. They did scare me. I used to be disgusted by an idea of having something green to drink, even though I LOVE spinach and other green stuff.
ridiculous disgusting behavior is in the past though.
I cannot name myself a green smoothie devotee drinking them every day, but I love get some smoothie a few times a month. So far I’ve tried a number of lovely combos, and I am not going to stop!
For example, I’ve discovered goji berries just recently, and I loved them. They are a great addition to a green smoothie too, adding lovely sweet herbal notes. Plus, they are responsible for a boost of protein and nutrition; specifically a tablespoon of this gorgeous berries has about 4 grams proteins. Not bad, eh?
Thus, this smoothie will be a great post-workout meal or a meal to start you day off.
Did I mention this smoothie is amazingly delicious too?
The last think I would like to say is – be creative! I am giving just some recommendation while you can adjust the idea adding or substituting some components, as well as changing the proportions.
- 1 medium banana (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon Goji berries + some for topping
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (or substitute for water)
- Ice, optional
- flax or other seeds, for topping
- Soak one tablespoon of Goji berries in 2 tablespoons in warm water, to soften up, for 10 minutes.
- In a cup of your blender put the banana, spinach, goji berries (with the water), orange juice, and ice if using.
- Process until smooth and nice.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Goji berries and some seeds, if desired.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]