This Eggnog White Chocolate Oatmeal with an extra dash of nutmeg is a delicious and festive way to enjoy your lazy morning on a Christmas day.
Eggnog White Chocolate Oatmeal
Hello, everyone. How’s your week going so far? How many cookies have you eaten? If your answer is “None”, well your week could have been better!
I have two exciting news today. First of all, I am going to keep it super simple today (Yes, I use this phrase the way too often), but I have a solid excuse. I plan on sharing many Christmas ideas during the next two weeks (5 or even 6 recipes instead of 4), and that’s the example when quantity beats quality. I don’t mean the quality of my recent recipes, though (Did you check these Mini Gingerbread Layer Cakes by the way?) But I am certainly going to keep the texts short. Please don’t be mad at me.
The second news is that I’ve brought a delightful recipe today. Please welcome the Eggnog White Chocolate Oatmeal.
Pudding – Alice. Alice – Pudding.
Folks – Christmas Oatmeal. Christmas Oatmeal – Folks.
It’s insanely rich, decadent, delicious, and so festive. I won’t lie: this is not your regular oatmeal you should eat all year round. That’s not a healthy version either. But that’s the Christmas season, after all! So keep your overnight oats with chia seeds for January 2nd, and let’s enjoy this Eggnog White Chocolate Oatmeal today (And tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow).
And the addition of white chocolate? Not only does it complement well to eggnog, but it also introduces an amazingly luxurious and velvety texture. However, keep in mind that eggnog and white chocolate make a very sweet combo, so you might wish to omit the chocolate part (That would be rather sad, though). On the other hand, treat this Eggnog White Chocolate Oatmeal as a dessert for breakfast. It’s also very lovely when cooled, like a pudding. And for God’s sake, don’t count your calories today. Way too risky. And unnecessary.
Cheers and see you soon.
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (5-minute)
- pinch of salt
- a generous pinch of nutmeg + more to garnish
- 40-50 gr. white chocolate, roughly chopped + some more, to garnish
- In a small saucepan combine the oats, eggnog, and salt, and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, for a minute at medium heat.
- Decrease heat and let the oatmeal simmer for 3-4 minutes or until ready - check info on the package.
- Off heat. Stir in the white chocolate reserving some for garnish and nutmeg. Fluff with a whisk for a minute and let stand for a minute or two.
- Top with the remaining chocolate and more nutmeg.